PDA

View Full Version : Mvmcp?

wilcat
05-14-2008, 07:54 AM
My DH and I will be at WDW from Dec. 7-13. We have never been down at Christmas time and thought we would like to do the MVMCP event. The week we are there it is scheduled for Tues, Thurs and Fri nights. Which do you think we should attend? Would it be less crowded on Tues vs Fri? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Strmchsr
05-14-2008, 11:47 AM
Definitely less crowded on Tuesday as opposed to Friday. Thursday is somewhere in between. Remember, though, that MVMCP, like all hard ticket events, is a limited number of tickets. Some nights are a little more crowded, but with the exception of the parade it's never bad.

faline
05-14-2008, 11:51 AM
I'd select Tuesday. Many local folks attend the weekend events.

fupresti
05-14-2008, 12:12 PM
We ended up picking the Thursday date, in my mind, I figured it would be least crowded since everyone would be looking for the Friday event.

Taja
05-14-2008, 02:12 PM
Several Tuesday MVMCPs are discount nights for AP holders and DVC members. Last year, at least one sold out (December 11). Some people reported the park was very crowded, others disagreed.

I would think Thursday would be the quietest night. I believe there are some MVMCPs scheduled on Sunday nights this year, as well. That has been fairly quiet historically, as many people leave WDW on Sunday.

faberj
05-14-2008, 02:21 PM
So Sunday night would be the best night to go then? The nights they offer the party during my stay are Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. I was originally going to go on Thursday, but was told to switch to Tuesday to take advantage of the discount, but if it is more crowded on the discount day I do not want to go and will pay the full price so we can enjoy it more

Bri
05-14-2008, 03:19 PM
the annual passholder discount night this year is dec 9. we chose to go thursday dec 11 because we heard AP nights are crowded and the weekend will probably be crowded as well.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-14-2008, 11:34 PM
December 18th (Tuesday) was also a DVC/AP night and it was a sell out.
MK was so quiet all that day. We walked on everything.
The party was mobbed. I was not impressed with the crowds at all. We are going this December with our kids and we are skipping MVMCP. I am nervous to spend the money on tickets for it to be a sell out again.

Hopefully, it won't be the same for you!