PDA

View Full Version : Who else is going in July? Which week?

KineGirl
05-14-2008, 02:36 AM
We'll be heading down for our WDW summer vacay with DD17 BFF (sweet girl & first timer :mickey:) in tow, July 22-27. DH is coming for a change. He usually skips the summer trips but this time we planned it special around his Bday! We will be trying out the AKV w/ SV.:cloud9: Who else is heading down in July? What week? Where are you staying?

See you there :wave:

tink2006
05-14-2008, 09:17 AM
We are going for a short trip July 8 -12. It will be DH, DS15, his BF and myself. My son's BF is also a first timer :mickey: It has been a long time since we have shared the WDW experience with a first timer. I am soo excited to share my love of Disney :cloud9:

It has been several years since we have gone in July. Hopefully it will not be too crowded. If it is (I know it will be), oh well, at least we are in our Happy Place! We are staying POR, Mansions.

disneymom15
05-14-2008, 09:34 AM
We're not going in July, we're going Aug 13-17.
We'll have 3 first timers. It's always exciting to take newbies.
Hope you enjoy your trip. Have a wonderful time.

cparker
05-14-2008, 10:12 AM
We are going for our first time on july 25-29. We are so excited.

KineGirl
05-16-2008, 02:28 AM
Yayy! So its just the 3 of us going in July?? We'll have the park to ourselves! ;)

disneymom15 ....we're going Aug 13-17.
We'll have 3 first timers. It's always exciting to take newbies.
Hope you enjoy your trip. Have a wonderful time.

I cant wait to take our girls' friend and she cant wait to go! It will be our first time taking a first timer... just another Disney first for us! :mickey: TY for the well wishes and I hope you have a magical time too! :magic:

We are going for our first time on july 25-29. We are so excited.

ohhhh you are gonna have SO MUCH FUN ITS CRAZY!!! Like most things, nothing beats the first time! Be sure to do a trip report!

We are going for a short trip July 8 -12. It will be DH, DS15, his BF and myself. My son's BF is also a first timer :mickey: It has been a long time since we have shared the WDW experience with a first timer. I am soo excited to share my love of Disney :cloud9:

It has been several years since we have gone in July. Hopefully it will not be too crowded. If it is (I know it will be), oh well, at least we are in our Happy Place! We are staying POR, Mansions.

Wow lots of BF first timers this year. I know what you mean about sharing the love :cloud9: .. I cant wait! I went last year the same time in July we're going this year and its kinda crowded but totally doable, especially for vets with a litle experience under their belts. I really had no problem doing the things I wanted to do. If a line was too long we skipped it, took big advantage of FPs and hit those earlier long line rides at late night during evening EMH. We were able to walk right back on POTC twice last year around 12 am. I think evening EMH is perfect for this time of year. Alot of ppl have small children who can only stay up but so late and also there are alot of off property visitors who cant take advantage of EMH. Still crowded around fireworks time but you may be surprised how much things clear out come later (and later) in the evening. Im not saying empty but not nearly as insane. At least thats what Im hoping for again this year :mickey:

tink2006
05-16-2008, 09:52 AM
I went last year the same time in July we're going this year and its kinda crowded but totally doable, especially for vets with a litle experience under their belts. I really had no problem doing the things I wanted to do. If a line was too long we skipped it, took big advantage of FPs and hit those earlier long line rides at late night during evening EMH. We were able to walk right back on POTC twice last year around 12 am. I think evening EMH is perfect for this time of year. Alot of ppl have small children who can only stay up but so late and also there are alot of off property visitors who cant take advantage of EMH. Still crowded around fireworks time but you may be surprised how much things clear out come later (and later) in the evening. Im not saying empty but not nearly as insane. At least thats what Im hoping for again this year :mickey:

I agree, the FP and evening EMH are for us as well. We are not morning people so we leave that for the families with little ones. Besides, if we miss a ride or a show etc this trip...There is always next time :thumbsup:

mickey01
05-19-2008, 06:08 PM
My husband and I will be at DW july12-17, just the two of us. Going back with our 6kids and neighbors in oct. cant wait

mickey01
05-19-2008, 06:15 PM
My husband and I will be at DW july12-17, just the two of us. Going back with our 6kids and neighbors in oct. cant wait

KylesMom
05-20-2008, 02:40 PM
DH, DS (10) & I will be arriving at noon on July 19, heading back out the evening of August 2. We're staying at WL for the third consecutive year. 59 1/2 days and counting!!!:mickey:

KineGirl
05-20-2008, 03:13 PM
So we're still a pretty small group considering..

Wouldnt it be amazing if we really WERE the only ones there at that time?

Wishful thinking, I know.

mickey01...My husband and I will be at DW july12-17, just the two of us. Going back with our 6kids and neighbors in oct. cant wait

Ive yet to be able to get my hubby alone in WDW. We've planned to seperate trips to go alone and on the last one my DD17 favorite band ever (from Japan) came over on their first US tour and of course one of the stops was HOB Orlando... Talk about the Year of a Million Dreams (for her). :rolleyes: And the one before that the closer it got to trip time the bigger her puppy eyes grew. :pout: She never out and out threw a fit but it was rather obvious she was bummed. We just couldnt bring ourselves to do it. :shake: She graduates next year though and I keep telling her the stop after dropping her off at college is WDW :dance:

celestesmommie
05-22-2008, 10:07 PM
we will be there from june 23rd to july 6th!:mickey:

Brainiak5
05-25-2008, 02:30 PM
Its me, My DW, DD 6 & DS 3 from June 30- July 7 this year. I'm really looking forward to the 4th of July at Disney - I hear the characters in the American pavilion at Epcot wear special costumes and I want those unique pics :mickey:

being from CT, I'm actually looking forward to the heat of the day - we plan on going back to the pool for midday swims and naps and going back to the parks in the evenings. Park Hopper passes,EMH's & lots of the use of fast passes . 5 weeks and counting...:mickey:

KylesMom
05-27-2008, 09:58 PM
I'm actually looking forward to the heat of the day - we plan on going back to the pool for midday swims and naps and going back to the parks in the evenings. I hear ya, Braniak - with the wind, it started out in the 30s here in Northern Illinois today! Can't wait to feel that Florida HOT sunshine once again! 52 1/2 days and counting!:mickey:

jilwil
06-13-2008, 08:15 AM
We will be staying at POP! Century July 11-19! :cloud9: I expect it to be extremely hot and crowded, however, we will also make use of EMHs, FPs, and single-rider lines. Hope to see some of you! :mickey:

djsharp
06-24-2008, 01:18 AM
We will be there July 10th through the 17th! Maybe the 18th, have to see how my work schedule comes out for that week, I might just get an extra day of vaction before having to return to work. Staying at the Pop Century too!

I have been to WDW once in 1980 when I was a teenager with my parents. I remember the magic and the fun, but not the details. So I feel like this is my first time. My hubby has been to DL many times, but not DW. My Son is special needs and is a big anything Disney fan. this week he's Jack Sparrow. We got the wig for him a few weeks back at the Disney store and it's hard to get him out of it! haha This will be his first trip to "MIckey's House" and we aren't telling him we are going! :secret: We're just going to go on a car ride and show up there! ( granted, our car ride is 562miles, but luckily, he does excellent with just driving around and exploring)

We have a 6 day MYW pass and plan to do 2 days for MK, one for HW, one for AK, one for Epcot, then one day is still unplanned as a "To be Determined Day" to go to the park we feel we didn't have enough time in or missed to much. If I can add another day to our stay we'll try to add on extra day to the ticket too, depending on how things go.

I've gotten so excited about planning this trip, that I'm already trying to figure out how to plan the next one! haha

Nice to meet you all,

LKCEmom
06-26-2008, 06:13 PM
How wonderful and exciting for those of you going with 'first timers', it makes it so special as if it were your first time too! Be sure to stop and get a [This Is My First Time] pin.

We'll be at Ft Wilderness from the 1st to the 14th of July, myself, hubby and 16yo son. As of today no friends going with us but I'm sure there will be someone there that he knows, there always is! :camp:

Safe travels everyone and have a great time. Reminder DON'T FORGET THE SUNSCREEN!!!
:flag:

ibrowse17
06-26-2008, 08:33 PM
We will be in the world from 24-30 July, and will be staying at the WL. We will be taking our 7 year old nephew for his first time! I hope everyone has a great and safe trip:thumbsup:

VolMickey
06-29-2008, 11:58 AM
July 27 to August 1

Contact me for a possible meet. It'll be me, DW and DD (10). It's our 3rd time with our daughter and we simply cannot wait!!! :mickey:

djsharp
07-01-2008, 05:16 PM
10 more days to go!!!!! :cloud9::party: Going shopping tomorrow to get the stuff for the trip. Won't have a day off till the day we go, so gotta do it tomorrow.

Louie still has no clue:thedolls::secret:haha He's been working really hard to be good. DH packed last week!haha

Love of Disney
07-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Only 11 more days for me....we will be staying at the CSR from July 12th - 19th. My 23 month old DD keeps saying that she is going to Mickey's House!! She is also excited about seeing Donald and Pooh too!!
:cool: