PDA

View Full Version : AS SPORTS- Hoops or Touchdown?

5fromabove
05-14-2008, 12:05 AM
Hi! Wondering which location you would most recommend? I don't know anything about either, just thinking one of these would be the best "theme" to request (our boys are big basketball fans, and also like to watch football). We didn't pay for a "preferred" room, which is in the Surfs Up building I believe. I'm curious which of these is the cooler building, closer to food/busses, quieter, etc. Anyone recommend one over the other? Thanks so much. :mickey:

Rella
05-14-2008, 12:39 AM
We stayed in Hoops because our DS is a huge baskball nut...he loved it, but it was a trek to the food court and buses. However, it was also very quiet. If I remember correctly, it's set back a bit and we were on the side facing the main court area, but not a lot of activity...More to look at, and not so much to do.

We did spend a fair amount of time at the Touchdown courtyard area with the football field (with the x and o's) playing football, as did many other little/big boys. It was much louder there, but also much closer to the food court/buses.

If you could get a room around the back of the Touchdown building (facing away from the main courtyard), I think that would be my pick!

Have fun! The boys will love it!:mickey:

WRWDisney
05-14-2008, 07:49 AM
With Touchdown, it is almost like getting a preferred location without paying for it. When we stayed there last summer it was less than a 10 yard walk from the stairwell to the back entrance to the food court. Even if you were in the other building, it would be just across the way.

BTW, I was worried about noise from the field, but between the sound insulation and the rules that they enforce regarding the curfew for the field, it was a non-issue.

Either one will be fine; go and have a great trip:thumbsup:

MickeyMomof2
05-14-2008, 08:54 AM
Touchdown is the better location by far. We stayed there last fall. It is convenient to both pools and the food court.

Hoops is really neat, but it is at the far end of the property. If you were wanting a more quiet location, Hoops would be great. The huge basketballs are really neat.

Strmchsr
05-14-2008, 08:54 AM
Hoops is definitely more quiet and peaceful. In terms of theming they're both fun. Touchdown is close to everything, but, as noted above, it can be very loud. The curfew on the football field is not very well enforced so depending on who's there at the time it can be pretty loud and busy.