PDA

View Full Version : still trying to decide!!

almccart
05-13-2008, 07:26 PM
I am trying to decide rather or not to stay in a value or moderate resort. What is everyones opinion on both??

joanna71985
05-13-2008, 07:52 PM
Well, it's up to you. But I feel that since I'm not at the room that much, I would go with the value.

mdhiggin
05-13-2008, 09:06 PM
The moderates are a little nicer, larger and of course there are refrigerators in the room. We tend to stay at values on long trips or if we go with other families, but moderates when alone or shorter trips. All of the hotels are good, but value or moderate, I would pay extra for the preferred location. The grounds are sprawling, and convenience is important with 3 kids.

bigbabyblues
05-13-2008, 09:28 PM
We've stayed both. We love CBR, and we haven't been to any other moderate, but we usually don't spend the extra $$ for it. The values are fine with us, we like them, we have enough room, and we aren't in the room that much.

Well, except when we were at ASMovies for a hurricane, but that's no typical!

PetefromRI
05-13-2008, 09:33 PM
If your going when it's hot I'd stay at a moderate because you'll be spending time back at the resort for afternoon swims and when the weather is nice the crowds are bigger so a moderate would give you more room.When the parks get crowded we head back to our resort.

sardanem
05-13-2008, 10:49 PM
We are staying at a value resort in Aug because we are a family of 5, so it was cheaper to get 2 rooms at POP them the 1 room at POR. I also like the idea of 4 beds and 2 bathrooms. My kids are 16,13 and 6 so 2 double beds and a trundle would just not work. One day I would love to stay at a deluxe resort, but I think finacially that is way in the future.

Lisa

Young@Heart
05-13-2008, 11:23 PM
I just posted this in another thread, but we really enjoy POP and actually, our DC enjoy it over the moderates. IMO, you don't lose any of the Disney magic at a value, but for the most part, you're able to save a little $$.

kathiep
05-14-2008, 10:55 AM
Go with the moderate. The atmosphere is so much more relaxing and the pools are better. And after a long day in the parks, you need that. It's the perfect recharge for an evening back out.

RockinRollerMom
05-14-2008, 11:25 AM
If you can afford it, my vote is for the moderates. My DD loves to swim and really enjoys the waterslides that the moderates offer. You also get TS restaurants at the mods which you don't get at the values. (except POFQ but POR's TS is just a short walk) We contemplated saving money and staying at a value this time as well and DD can I just couldn't do it. For us the money at a mod is well spent. Even though we do spend most of our time at the parks, the upgrade in pools, a fridge, and TS is worth it for us.

Which ever you decide you will have a great trip. You're in Disney, you'll be able to find the magic no matter where you stay.:tink:

jakeybake
05-14-2008, 11:29 AM
For me it's a no brainer. If the money is not an issue then you have to go with a moderate (and POR would be my recommendation).

Just having an on-site sit down restaurant is worth it alone. Also the rooms are larger and in the case of POR, you have the River Roost Lounge (with Piano Bob) multiple quiet pools and boat service to Downtown Disney.

It's a no-brainer to me.

Jay

Bethis26fan
05-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Well, it's up to you. But I feel that since I'm not at the room that much, I would go with the value.

i agree

HndrdPrcnt
05-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Our family is all about the POP Century!! We save money on the hotel room (which we are hardly in anyway) and then we can use that money for fun extras such as Hoop de Doo, BBB, Cirque, the Spa, etc. To us, this just makes for a much nicer vacation when we get to do all the extras!!:thumbsup:

Mousemates
05-14-2008, 11:37 AM
don't stress....its a win/win situation as far as the resorts go...we all have our faves...so take a couple of online tours...several sites offer them (complete with pics of the rooms, lobbies, walkways, pools, views etc) ...see which theme you think your family will most enjoy and make your call.