PDA

View Full Version : ME drop off at different resort

TheAdventurer
05-13-2008, 11:15 AM
On my last trip to WDW, it was a big family trip with everyone coming in at different times. We were all staying at OKW. The night my sister flew in, we had dinner reservations at Narcoosees. She was able to take ME to the GF instead of OKW, but it took some prodding. The next night my brother arrived, and we were having dinner at Boma. But no amount of prodding would get ME to take him to AKL, so he had to take it to OKW, and then take a cab to AKL from there. And he ended up missing the dinner!

My next trip I’m arriving on Sunday morning, and will want to go straight to the BW to go to the ESPN Club to watch football.

I can’t imagine why they wouldn’t just let you get in the line for a different hotel. Anyone else have any experience with this?

faline
05-13-2008, 11:55 AM
You can try but the service is designed to bring you to your registered resort and from that resort to the airport. I would suspect that it would begin to be hard to manage the bus routes, capacity etc. if everyone was just allowed to board or disembark wherever they wanted.

TheRustyScupper
05-13-2008, 12:21 PM
1) DME is "free". *
2) It is designed to take you to your resort.
3) They are not set up to be a limo service.
4) The buses are planned based upon reservations.
5) Just play by the rules.

* OK, so it is factored into your resort rates. It is not "free".

CleveRocks
05-13-2008, 05:37 PM
On my last trip to WDW, it was a big family trip with everyone coming in at different times. We were all staying at OKW. The night my sister flew in, we had dinner reservations at Narcoosees. She was able to take ME to the GF instead of OKW, but it took some prodding. The next night my brother arrived, and we were having dinner at Boma. But no amount of prodding would get ME to take him to AKL, so he had to take it to OKW, and then take a cab to AKL from there. And he ended up missing the dinner!

My next trip I’m arriving on Sunday morning, and will want to go straight to the BW to go to the ESPN Club to watch football.

I can’t imagine why they wouldn’t just let you get in the line for a different hotel. Anyone else have any experience with this?
One of the reasons you need a reservation to use DME is so that they know about how many people are going where at about what time. If people could go wherever they wanted, the system would be unable to function as efficiently as it does, since they wouldn't have reliable info on where and when people will be using the buses.

You can try to say that they should be able to make an exception in individual cases, but since they handle in excess of 2 MILLION guests per year, it would end up being a lot more than just a small handful of special requests.

For my next comment, I don't intend to be mean or sarcastic, so please don't take it that way ....

If someone makes a dinner reservation for so close to their scheduled flight landing time, they must be ready and willing to miss that reservation and blame no one but themselves. You can't rely on a flight arriving on-time. There are just too many variables. To me, this isn't just a Disney thing, it's a flying anywhere thing. I wouldn't blame Disney for following their own rules.