PDA

View Full Version : REVIEW: 1900 Park Fare (Dinner)

kg00616
05-13-2008, 09:36 AM
For those of you who saw my post about trying to get a ADR for a princess meal Disney worked their magic and got us in! I went to the concierge and asked when we checked in. The concierge couldn't find anything but then the manager came over and got us in! It was great!

So dinner was a buffet and was awesome. Way too many choices to list but it was great. Plus they had kids favorites too. They dessert buffet was so decadent! I had a few... :blush:

Characters: Cinderella, the Prince, Step-sisters (Drisella and Anastaysia) and the Step-mother.
My little girl LOVED meeting Cinderella but I have to admit she was my least favorite. She was the least personable and didn't spend much time talking. Basically she said hi and asked if she wanted to take a picture. The step sisters were GREAT! Totally a crack up! Anastaysia was the best. She spent quite a bit of time with us and everytime she'd go by she's stop and say something or give a little hug. The stepmother was great too. She spent a long time with us and she and my husband had some funny moments. After the meet and greets Cinderella and the Prince danced in the center of the room and then danced with a few little girls. Then Anastaysia came back by us and told all the little girls to come and dance with her. It was so fun to watch, my daughter had a blast!

Jared
05-13-2008, 10:05 AM
Congratulations on your good fortune, and thanks for posting a review. I'm glad you enjoyed 1900 Park Fare!

:tasty:

DISNEYLOVERS5
05-13-2008, 10:08 AM
Thanks For The Post We Have Reservations For There In Sept And I Am So Excited

Gottaluvgoof
05-13-2008, 11:24 AM
For those of you who saw my post about trying to get a ADR for a princess meal Disney worked their magic and got us in! I went to the concierge and asked when we checked in. The concierge couldn't find anything but then the manager came over and got us in! It was great!

So dinner was a buffet and was awesome. Way too many choices to list but it was great. Plus they had kids favorites too. They dessert buffet was so decadent! I had a few... :blush:

Characters: Cinderella, the Prince, Step-sisters (Drisella and Anastaysia) and the Step-mother.
My little girl LOVED meeting Cinderella but I have to admit she was my least favorite. She was the least personable and didn't spend much time talking. Basically she said hi and asked if she wanted to take a picture. The step sisters were GREAT! Totally a crack up! Anastaysia was the best. She spent quite a bit of time with us and everytime she'd go by she's stop and say something or give a little hug. The stepmother was great too. She spent a long time with us and she and my husband had some funny moments. After the meet and greets Cinderella and the Prince danced in the center of the room and then danced with a few little girls. Then Anastaysia came back by us and told all the little girls to come and dance with her. It was so fun to watch, my daughter had a blast!

Funny you should say that about Cinderella. We were there a few years ago, and had the same problem. I was totally disappointed. Of all people, CINDERELLA? What's up with that? Honestly, I have not been back since, and really never even considered it. We are going back in September, and some members have never been, so we are going. I was thinking how much I hated it, but then I thought about it, and honestly I don't remember the food being bad, but Cinderella sure soured me on 1900 Park Fare. Anyway, we are going back this September, and at least my DDs are older now, so if Cindy is a crab, I'll just let her know it.

joanna71985
05-13-2008, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the review. I am eating there in July, and can't wait!!

Taja
05-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Cindy wasn't a crab when we dined at 1900 Park Faire in October, 2006, but she was a bit "cool." Perhaps due to elevation to royalty? *LOL*

She was fine and chatted with two middle-aged ladies for a couple of minutes. The little princesses in the room were in a tizzy, so we urged her on to the next table.

Prince Charming, was--well, charming! *LOL* He was rather chatty--his duties apparently are a bit less strenuous.

The mice were still there when we dined there.

We liked the food--my friend really enjoyed it, as she was able to try a number of different dishes. As long as I can find a few well-prepared, plain things, I'm good to go! :thumbsup:

tinksmom02
05-13-2008, 10:53 PM
Funny you should say that about Cinderella. We were there a few years ago, and had the same problem. I was totally disappointed. Of all people, CINDERELLA? What's up with that? Honestly, I have not been back since, and really never even considered it. We are going back in September, and some members have never been, so we are going. I was thinking how much I hated it, but then I thought about it, and honestly I don't remember the food being bad, but Cinderella sure soured me on 1900 Park Fare. Anyway, we are going back this September, and at least my DDs are older now, so if Cindy is a crab, I'll just let her know it.

We thought the same thing about Cindy when we were there last Sept. DD5 was quite smitten with Prince, and stepmom and sisters were really in character, but Cindy was really like a dishrag LOL Kind of like she was in the movie LOL

Young@Heart
05-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Thank you so much for the review! We booked this for Aug, and haven't been since the mice changed to the royal step-family. The more I read about it, the more it sounds like a dinner show and not just a character meal. Can't wait to experience this in person.

irish1967
05-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Sorry your Cinderella wasn't great.

A few years ago, I went to the princess lunch in Norway (don't remember the name of the restaurant) but the Cinderella there was AWESOME.

She was the same Cinderella that was at CRT a few days earlier. She REMEMBERED my nieces ("didn't I see you the other night at my castle, wearing a pink t-shirts with my picture on it?") and talked about how she likes to come over to EPCOT to help her friends out at the princess lunch.

I asked my sister-in-law later if something out of the ordinary happened at CRT that would make her remember the girls and she said that it hadn't.

It totally made my nieces trip :cloud9:

Septbride2002
05-14-2008, 09:32 AM
Our Cinderellas wasn't impressive either - they need to work on that. Our Prince Charming was fun though as he kept telling Chloe she was a beautiful as his Princess. Also LOVED the step-sisters! They were the best.

I think Cinderella needs to come up with some topics to discuss. Like Belle always talks about books, Mary Poppins always has a compliment, Wendy always ask if you've seen Peter... etc.

~Amanda