PDA

View Full Version : I would NOT go back!

EmmMOM2
05-13-2008, 09:28 AM
Which Disney resort would you NOT go back to? Perhaps you had bad experiences or it just wasn't your thing. Please explain.
We all love disney but surely we've all experienced less then adequate accommodations before.
Thanks in advance for comments.

KylesMom
05-13-2008, 09:42 AM
There isn't a Disney resort that we've stayed at that I would never go back to. Each was special in their own right, and if a situation came up where we needed to go back to values or stay at the cabins, I'd do so in a heartbeat. :mickey: Now offsite is a different matter!

KineGirl
05-13-2008, 09:43 AM
Not that anything terrible happened there but there was nothing about SSR that would prompt me to go back. I just found it bleh and boring

tink2006
05-13-2008, 09:50 AM
My DH would prefer not to stay at the All Stars. One night is fine but not the entire WDW trip. His big complaint was the toilets flushing and showers going at 6 AM. He is obviously not a morning person ;) As people started their day, you could hear them getting ready etc. The children walking by your room so excited to start their Disney day that they could barely contain themselves. In other words, they were slightly loud :secret: Did I mention DH is not much of a morning person? :blush:

It was not a bad experience...just not his thing.

I, on the otherhand, found the room very acceptable for the price. I normally wake up early and leave the room so the rest of the family can sleep. The morning "noise" did not bother me. I would not mind staying there again.

All that said....If his only choice was ALL Star or no WDW I am sure he would jump at the chance to stay at an All Star :secret: :mickey:

biodtl
05-13-2008, 09:56 AM
I have only stayed at Values and I would go back to any of them. I doubt there's anywhere on property that I would refuse.

Von-Drake
05-13-2008, 10:01 AM
I agree there is not a Disney property I would not ever stay at again. The post about the All Star's being noisy in the morning is very true, but also noisy at night. The walls are thinner and I think people (other guests), for whatever reason, are not as courteous. Maybe the whole theory of the environment. In my experience, hotels that have interior halls are quieter than those that have exterior walkways. (Guess the difference between value and non value.)

mook3y
05-13-2008, 10:13 AM
I have heard some very noisy guests in hallways at Deluxes too. But not quite as many as at values or moderates.

My DW was displeased with POFQ and says she never wants to go back there again. This is due to a series of issues.

We did love the pool! But DW says we can stay at POR and walk to the pool. ;)

MickeyMousse
05-13-2008, 10:20 AM
We wouldn't go back to WLV or SSR. Too out of the way...and the boat from WVL to MK gets packed fast as do the SSR buses. :(

laward32
05-13-2008, 10:40 AM
I've stayed at FW and SSR and I loved them both. The buses ran quickly at both. SSR did fill up fast but I am at Disney so I will deal. We were in the Grandstand at SSR, so we were first on and first off, so that was nice. I might have a different point of view if I were in a different section.:mickey:

Mousemates
05-13-2008, 10:56 AM
We've never had a truly bad experience at any of the resorts we've stayed in...:mickey: other than having an occasional noisy neighbor:secret:.

The deluxes are certainly more comfortable than the values, but we loved the POP for a three night stay last January. If I had ot give one I would not go back to it would probably be AS Sports...way too many cheerleader types :cheer: with a lot of exposed skin (the whole bad girl Miley Cyrus thing) and a high level of noise (they seem to cheer without ceasing). However, one mans poison is another mans pleasure, my now teenaged son would likely find the aforementioned scenario to be heavenly.:cloud9:

SBETigg
05-13-2008, 10:58 AM
I would not go back to POR. We had a very lovely stay there, and I would recommend it, it's just that we missed staying on the monorail line so much that it affected our vacation. We're big fans of the monorail resorts.

Gottaluvgoof
05-13-2008, 11:04 AM
We've never had a truly bad experience at any of the resorts we've stayed in...:mickey: other than having an occasional noisy neighbor:secret:.

The deluxes are certainly more comfortable than the values, but we loved the POP for a three night stay last January. If I had ot give one I would not go back to it would probably be AS Sports...way too many cheerleader types :cheer: with a lot of exposed skin (the whole bad girl Miley Cyrus thing) and a high level of noise (they seem to cheer without ceasing). However, one mans poison is another mans pleasure, my now teenaged son would likely find the aforementioned scenario to be heavenly.:cloud9:

We stayed at AS Sports on our last trip, and honestly, I can't say I saw one cheerleader type. I know I am DEFINITELY not a cheerleader and everyone I saw seemed to have clothes on. I guess it all depends on who is staying at the resort you're at. I never had a problem at any of the resorts. I'm not one to get all worked up about other people's choices though. I go to the parks morning till night. I'm too tired to worry about what others are doing. I sleep regardless of what's around me.

Kairi_7378
05-13-2008, 12:35 PM
Our March 2007 trip was DH's first on property stay. He'd been to WDW many times but his family always stayed offsite (had some horrible experiences with the hotels!) and ate Pecos Bills chilli for a week straight. (In laws are far from poor but always decided that Disney food was "too expensive" and wouldn't look at any of the restaurants.) About one day into our trip, after taking ME and eating at the Brown Derby (his first TS meal!) he turned to me and said, "I'll never stay off property again." My in laws still act like we are spending a crazy amount of money by staying on site and (gasp!) choosing the DDP!

I don't think I'd ever NOT stay at a resort again, but there are a few whose themes just don't appeal to me so they are at the bottom of my list to stay at: AS SPorts, CBR, SSR, and YC. I am sure they are lovely but the theming would make me choose somewhere else first.

BelleLovesTheBeast
05-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Caribbean Beach!

our dirty towels that we placed on the floor were rehung
trash never emptied in 10 days
sheets never changed
rude staff
bus wait was ridiculous - 45 minutes - 1 hr. wait

smartinez1
05-13-2008, 02:46 PM
I don't think there's any that I wouldn't stay at for any particular reason. I probably wouldn't stay at a value resort again as long as I could afford a moderate. I stayed at Music and Sports, and I really liked them, but the moderates are a little roomier, have a few more perks and I like the pool slides. Although, if I have kids, I would probably stay there a few times, because they would love the theming. Also, if it came down to not going or being able to go longer if we stayed at a value, then I am all for it. So far we have been lucky, and we have liked the hotels we have stayed at so far. No bad issues for us, yet. Knock on wood. :D

RockChalkKimball
05-13-2008, 03:00 PM
I would not go back to AS Sports. I agree that it was really noisy. We also did not get the room we needed. We were supposed to get two beds and instead got a king. It worked out OK, but the place was just not my style.

DisneyTwinsMommy
05-13-2008, 03:18 PM
I will NEVER stay at Carribean Beach again. We splurged on our honeymoon (we always stay at values), and we really disliked the resort. The bus wait was ridiculous, even if you did get on a bus, you circled around the resort for 45 minutes before you even got off the property! The resort is huge, making things very far away from one another. And, while we were there, the main pool was closed. We just didn't care for it and we will never go back.

Mackflava99
05-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Carribean Beach was ok, but once i stayed at other places, i found the CB bus trips way too long and the walks to/from the main area too long for the kids.
truthfully i had no issue with the room, we slept well and it wasnt noisy- the pool was great too.
So its not really bad, but i think some of the other places spoiled me.
So if it was CB or not going to WDW, then i would go to CB in a heartbeat.

lockedoutlogic
05-13-2008, 03:28 PM
Not that anything terrible happened there but there was nothing about SSR that would prompt me to go back. I just found it bleh and boring

ditto....unfortunately i "own" a piece of it

hlkeck
05-13-2008, 03:50 PM
I know I'm going to get beat up on this one, but POFQ - we disliked it. Again, as another above poster stated --- it was a series of issues, including a number of lizards in my room! I feel bad every time I read that it's someone's favorite resort - but we were completely fine at ASMu and LOVE AKV, but can't imagine going back to POFQ.

TheMartellFamily
05-13-2008, 03:50 PM
I have stayed on site and I have stayed off site. My feeling is that I only want to stay on site. I feel that each resort has their up and downs. That is to the most expensive to the least expensive ones. but I will never say that I will not say on site at a resort. It is more I will say I will not stay at a resort off site. I have learned that Disney is the best and that is what I want when I am on vacation.

beksy
05-13-2008, 06:40 PM
Off-site! From now on it's only Disney resorts for us!

Friend of Figment
05-13-2008, 06:48 PM
I wouldn't say never - but I didn't love the Poly. I know most people love it, but it just didn't do it for me.

minnie1956
05-13-2008, 09:29 PM
We won't stay at the CBR. Just didn't care for the "feel" of the place. :blush:

Eeyore's My Favorite
05-13-2008, 10:16 PM
DH & I won't go back to POP - most unmagical experience ever during any stay onsite. Loved ASMu & WL both of which we've stayed at so far in 2008. :mickey:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-13-2008, 10:22 PM
We would not go back to Pop either. We were not fans of the resort at all. It is just too big. The food court was a madhouse at all times of the day and the buses were always packed. (More then any of our stays at AS Movies).

We are oddballs though. We don't like Pop but we love Saratoga Springs!:cloud9:

thejens
05-13-2008, 10:47 PM
I've loved every resort I've stayed at so far! Even ASM. Next stop Poly! Like most other, I would never do off property.

Mickey 101
05-14-2008, 01:37 AM
There isn't a Disney resort that we've stayed at that I would never go back to. Each was special in their own right, and if a situation came up where we needed to go back to values or stay at the cabins, I'd do so in a heartbeat. :mickey: Now offsite is a different matter!

Ditto!

MuchLovedMama
05-14-2008, 07:05 AM
I would not go back to CBR. I thought the place was too old & run-down & not up to Disney standards.

biodtl
05-14-2008, 08:05 AM
know I'm going to get beat up on this one, but POFQ - we disliked it. Again, as another above poster stated --- it was a series of issues, including a number of lizards in my room!

We are staying at POFQ for the first time in October and I imagine we'll be fine - we're jst glad to be in WDW. But I had to laugh when reading this because my family would probably think it was cool to find lizards in the room. lol

GothMickey
05-14-2008, 08:29 AM
I would not go back to the All Star resorts.

Seasonscraps
05-14-2008, 09:22 AM
Of the resorts I stayed at so far, I wouldn't ever choose to go back to CBR. It was so big and felt so overwhelming.

Septbride2002
05-14-2008, 09:26 AM
We won't stay outside the MK or Epcot resort area. I love being within walking distance of Epcot and MGM when we stay at Boardwalk, and the convenience of the monorail for MK.

~Amanda

SurferStitch
05-14-2008, 12:12 PM
We will not go back to POR. Both times we stayed there (Sept and Dec of 2003 - Parterre Place), we had very dirty and musty rooms. I've posted several times about the terrible conditions, so I won't go into it again.

Suffice it to say, it was bad. :sick:

Funny thing....We were in line in front of a couple on their honeymoon on 5/9/08 (P&PP) waiting to get pics with some characters, and we started chatting. They mentioned they were staying at the Poly after transferring from POR (Parterre Place). They said their room was so bad, and the service so rude (just like we encountered), that they called reservations and got switched to the Poly on the spot.

Guess it's still as bad as we remember!

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
05-14-2008, 02:04 PM
Don't get me started! :mad:

The last time we stayed at the Poly, our not quite two year old got a pretty bad virus, so bad that we had to take her to an urgent care clinic. We spent more time in the room, which isn't a bad thing, but, more than normal, we needed good sleep at night.

Next door to us was the most annoyingly loud family ever! There were about 3 teenagers, and one mom, I guess. They'd come into the room (i]at the Poly[/i] at around 1-2 in the morning and scream at each other at the top of their lungs. I mean, knock down drag out fights.

We complained twice and asked for a new room. On the third night, it was finally quiet; I don't know if they moved the family or they left or they were just more courteous.

That being said, we LOVE the Poly. We've stayed at many mods, WL, Poly, and I stayed one night at ASM.

We'd go back to ANY in a heartbeat!

I have heard some very noisy guests in hallways at Deluxes too. But not quite as many as at values or moderates.

My DW was displeased with POFQ and says she never wants to go back there again. This is due to a series of issues.

We did love the pool! But DW says we can stay at POR and walk to the pool. ;)

tinksmom02
05-14-2008, 10:07 PM
We've only stayed at CSR, POR, and POFQ, and we loved them all and would return to any of them (although we're partial for POFQ). I don't think I would like CBR because of it's size, and I don't think we'd be comfortable at the Values after being used to the Mods.

Although, as others have said, if it came down to a resort I'm not crazy about or no trip, well, that's not really much of a decision, is it? ;)

valjane
05-15-2008, 10:56 AM
I didn't much like Coronado Springs. The grounds were nice and the rooms okay, but it just wasn't fun or special.

And I HATE the food court set-up.

Gee Wally
05-15-2008, 11:03 AM
We probably will not stay at the FW cabins again.
Although we enjoyed the extra space the limited food availibility and transportation services made it for a less desirable vacation.

They should also invest more into a better pool situation.

Our upcoming trip to BWV should be more to our expectations from what I read here.

beachbaby
05-15-2008, 11:22 AM
I did not like POP. It was crowded, and the walls were so thin we could hear the people next door.
Its not that it was a value, we stayed at All Star Sports and I loved it.

Janmac
05-15-2008, 07:07 PM
First on our list of not to be visited again - if possible - is CBR. We stayed here in 1990 when it was still relatively new but the main pool was closed. At that time there was no restaurant, only the food court which we are not fans of, and the resort is too large to really enjoy.

Second would be the Wilderness Homes, unless we have at least two weeks to enjoy WDW and if Disney has finally upgraded the less than compelling campground pools.

Our son-in-law would not care to revisit Wilderness Lodge as he feels that the theming is out of place in Florida. The rest of us would stay there again, gladly.

We would look forward to revisiting Beach or Yacht Club, and are revisiting the Poly this next trip - 20 years after our first stay there. Hope we have a good experience there.

Jan

pink
05-15-2008, 08:11 PM
I didn't much like Coronado Springs. The grounds were nice and the rooms okay, but it just wasn't fun or special.

And I HATE the food court set-up.

I agree about the food court it was crazy and unorganized, I remember the food being ok but not anything special. We also didn't like their bus system and how far the rooms were from EVERYTHING. Also, they tend to have many conventions there so be aware of that. We requested a room close to the food court and we got stuck the farthest in the back. Also, we actually enjoyed staying at the All Star Music and Movies better than Cornado Springs and it's cheaper.

I also agree that we would never stay off-site ever again.

:mickey:

tjstrike
05-16-2008, 12:45 AM
Out of the places we've stayed, POR is on the bottom. I didn't really like the room or the surroundings. SSR is a little bland but I really liked our view of DTD from our room. BW was pretty cool as far as atmosphere but the rooms at SSR and BC are nicer.

Birdie757
05-16-2008, 03:16 PM
We will never stay in a Value resort again. The rooms and beds were just too small for us. It also seemed so "worn" from the carpets to the bedding. I also would not prefer to stay at WL again. It was nice but I don't feel it was at "Deluxe" resort level and just wasn't special to me.

We are very partial to POR though, staying there nearly 15 times. We just love the lush landscaping and atmosphere.

I have to comment on the lizards mentioned in a previous post, as I live in FL. There are pretty unavoidable really as they often follow us into the house. They can take a bit getting used to but they are completely harmless. We actually welcome them since they eat pests like mosquitoes!

GINNY69
05-17-2008, 04:34 PM
Well in the rare occurance if it I had a choice where not to stay on Disney Property I would have to choose POP Century, I did not like the food court, the food was just Ok, The grounds were really nice and I have nothing to say about that, House keeping was good no complaints there, but I thought too the front desk could have been a little more friendlier. I stayed at the movies before and I thought that resort was good. So no I probably would not go back to the Pop Century ...............

DawsonAR
05-17-2008, 04:58 PM
We love the WL and will stay there again, but I will NEVER stay Club Level there again. We love Club Level at the Poly but our experience at WL CL was TERRIBLE.

Mickey91
05-18-2008, 10:45 AM
We have stayed at WL, Poly, all the Mods and all the values. I have to honestly say that though not all our stays have been exceptionally magical, I can't pinpoint any one resort I wouldn't go back to. We have had great and terrible service at all of them. One thing I will never again do unless there is no alternative, is stay offsite. The last time was in 2001 for one night before our ressies started the next day. I didn't get any sleep and woke up with Johnny Cockroach (HUGE) running under my suitcase.:sick: It's worth the extra 50 bucks to stay at a value.

hubbyofadisneyholic
05-18-2008, 11:04 AM
We will not go back to POR. Both times we stayed there (Sept and Dec of 2003 - Parterre Place), we had very dirty and musty rooms. I've posted several times about the terrible conditions, so I won't go into it again.

Suffice it to say, it was bad. :sick:

Funny thing....We were in line in front of a couple on their honeymoon on 5/9/08 (P&PP) waiting to get pics with some characters, and we started chatting. They mentioned they were staying at the Poly after transferring from POR (Parterre Place). They said their room was so bad, and the service so rude (just like we encountered), that they called reservations and got switched to the Poly on the spot.

Guess it's still as bad as we remember!

I guess timing and location mean everything...
We have stayed at POR three times, in Parterre all 3 times and never had an issue. In fact it's our favorite Moderate resort.

Would never stay at CBR again though. As Minnie1956 said earlier, we just didn't like the feel.

Texas Tinkerbell Too
05-18-2008, 03:33 PM
First, let me say...I would never decline a stay at any disney resort, especially if I won a free night. However, I would not pay to stay at the WL again.
Last September we stayed the first 8 days at ASMu. We had a very nice experience. We gave up our free dining for our ninth night to stay at the WL for our anniversary. We had always wanted to stay at a deluxe resort. But, we knew we could not afford to stay the entire trip.

Our first unfortunate experience at WL was a lunch at Whispering Canyon. We had heard so many wonderful things about it on Intercot. We were particulary excited about enjoying all the funny antics and "cutting up" with the wait staff. This never happened for us. When we sat down, our waitress complained about being "double sat." She took our order and brought us our ticket for the meal. We were very disappointed.
The other reason we chose a deluxe resort was so that our DS8 & DS4 could enjoy the water slide in the pool. We took a nap after our lunch at Whispering Canyon to wake up to terrible storms. So, they did not get to swim this night for this one and only night stay. (We also missed the water parade that night b/c of the weather) Greatly disappointed, I told them we would swim early the next morning before we caught our flight back home. When we arrived to the pool the next morning, we found out the slide did not open until 10am. Apparently, they do not open the slides until the lifeguards arrive. Well, the lifeguards were a little late this morning. They did not arrive until 10:30. Leaving little time to swim before we left for home.
My last gripe is in regards to the five trips I had to make to the front desk to get new card keys for our room. For whatever reason, they were having trouble with our door. On the fifth trip down to the desk, I started crying. I felt so bad for the CM . I just unloaded about how everything had gone "wrong." She was very apologetic. The manager even gave my boys a little gift from the giftshop, which was an extremely nice gesture.
Please do not get me wrong, I do not think our experience is necessarily reflective of what the WL has to offer. I think we just had a very bad day.
Having said all this, I prefer not to go back to the WL and remember this experience at one of the most magical places in the world! Thanks for listening...I feel better.