PDA

View Full Version : Weather & Crowds

makin_memories
05-13-2008, 08:55 AM
I think i may know the answer to this one, but, heck, here goes nothing.

Does anyone have a good idea of how crowded it will be over memorial day weekend?

We are starting our trip that weekend and then staying the following week, so hopefully if there are crowds they might pan out...

Also, how does it look weather wise? Ive done some reasearch, but was wondering if anyone had a first hand expierence with this time of year.

10 days :mickey3:

faline
05-13-2008, 09:19 AM
I've found Memorial Day weekend to be manageable - crowdwise. Do expect that crowds pick up over this weekend. Crowds, in general, begin picking up at this time of year as schools begin to release for the summer.

Weather is generally quite hot and humid. You may experience some heavy thundershowers. These afternoon storms can be quite intense but generally do not last very long. Right now, Florida is experiencing some fires so it must be pretty dry.

We've been in May when fires have been prevalent throughout Florida. At times, we've found conditions at Disney World (depending on wind, direction and proximity of the fire[s]) to be quite smoky. This could be an issue if anyone in your party has asthma or another lung condition.