PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming of Disney... literally!

IloveJack
05-13-2008, 08:50 AM
Okay, so I am pregnant, which explains why I keep having very vivid dreams, but this is getting a little ridiculous! I'm dreaming about a trip to Disney at least once a week! It would be different if we were actually planning a trip, but we've put our planned Christmas trip off since the baby's due to arrive in October.

However, we are planning to go next Sept/Oct to celebrate the baby's first birthday. I've been thinking a lot about that trip lately, so that might be what's causing the dreams (although none of them contain a baby, so far). I don't want to start planning dates until the baby comes, as I really want it to be her actual birthday, but what else can I do to "get this monkey off my back?" (Not that I mind dreaming about Disney, believe me! :blush:) What would you do for a first birthday? It's a girl (or it definitely looked that way), so I'm sure we'll do princess stuff, but what else? I know we'll need time for naps, feedings, etc., too. But what "out of the ordinary" stuff should I be thinking about?

Also, we'd really love to take the grandparents. Mostly so they can see "the world" through the baby's eyes, but also so we can slip away for a few hours and have a babysitter :blush:. I've never gone to Disney with separate groups of people (meaning, we've all stayed in the same room on my previous trips). How do you all do it?

faline
05-13-2008, 11:01 AM
Multiple rooms work well when you have a larger group. You might also consider a suite.

Since you'll have a baby, I'd sugget you plan a very relaxed trip. Take your cues from your child.

Make sure you take advantage of the child care centers. Plan to spend more time enjoying your resort - playing in the pool and napping (Good for mom as well as baby)!