PDA

View Full Version : My crazy pre-trip report!!!! 5 days out.

svarhall07
05-13-2008, 01:43 AM
I’m new to Intercot, but feel that as a member I should do a pre-trip report and then post my daily reports after I return. I’m only 20 years old, but have been a huge Disney fan all my life. This will be my 12th time in the world, and I’ve been excited since they day I called the CMs to make the reservation. It all started back in January when my high school friends from home and I decided we all wanted re-unite for the summer and go to Disney. It was originally me, my best friend and two girls who we were best friends with too. As the planning process continued, one of the girls ended up having to go to China for the summer and my best friend had to do some summer school at his college. So it was me and one of the girls going. We planned an awesome 5 night stay at Pop Century with a 4 day park hopper and one night at the Pirate/Princess Party. So we made the reservation on February 7th and had it all paid for by the middle of April. We made ADRs at Boma on the night we arrive, a character breakfast at Cape May on the second morning, Whispering Canyon Café for dinner on day 3, and 50s Prime Time on day 5. I have stayed at all the values in the past and love the food court, so we planned to eat the a lot. We were going to drive her car down because she has a brand new Camry. We were both so excited, we made a day by day plan and everything. Then, 11 days before the day of departure, she texts me to tell me she can’t go. Her job wouldn’t allow her time off. It became absolutely impossible for her to go. I felt screwed. My vacation with all my high school friends now seemed impossible. Another one of my high school friends had just broke up with her boyfriend, and we had started hanging out again. So I asked her If she wanted to go, and 2 days later (9 days away from leaving) we made it official. I called Disney and changed the guest name and it all came together. We are now driving my car, but keeping all the ADRs and she is able to use the tickets because the reservation is in my name. So, we leave this Sunday!!!! I was just in Disney last November for Thanksgiving, but she hasn’t been for 5 years. Here’s the plan:

Sunday: leave TN @ 6 am. Arrive at Pop Century around 6 pm. We are changing, and driving to AKL for 8:20pm ressies at Boma. After we want to look around and hopefully see the animals in night vision goggles if its still open.

Monday: wake up around 6:30am, ressies at Cape May at 8:30am. Then spend the day at EPCOT! Lunch around the world showcase. Then to DTD for dinner, just wherever we can get in and feel in the mood for. Then we are going to MK for SpectroMagic at 9pm and Wishes at 10pm.

Tuesday: Wake up around 8:30am, breakfast at food court, then off to AK. Lunch at a CS, then take a bus to Whispering Canyon Café for 6:20pm ressies. Then back to EPCOT for EMH and Illuminations at 9pm. Hopefully back to Pop around midnight.

Wednesday: Wake up around 8am, breakfast at food court. Get to MK around 9:30am. Lunch at Cosmic Rays. Go back to resort for a nap around 2pm. Then Pirate and Princess at MK at 4:30pm. Dinner somewhere in MK and then back to Pop around 1am.

Thursday: later morning, wake up around 9:30am. quick breakfast in room and then to Hollywood Studios around 10:30am. 50s Prime Time ressies at 1:30pm. Go back to Pop to rest around 4. Dinner at food court, and then back to Hollywood Studios around 7. Fantasmic at 9pm. Return to Pop around 11pm.

Friday: the last day. wake up late around 10am. Check out by 11am. one last lunch at the food court, and then a long 11 hour drive back to TN.

I’m so excited. 5 more days!!! It has all came together crazy, but its finally set and time to go. started getting ready to pack today, and am going shopping tomorrow for snacks and a few toiletries. Please leave us some advice/comments about what you think. Thanks!

BelleCiavo
05-13-2008, 08:49 AM
Man, I'm glad everything came together for you. Looks like a great trip. Here's to sunny days with no humidity and low crowds. :beer:
Cheers.

scottgr
05-13-2008, 10:19 AM
Looks like you had a little stress there for a few days..Glad it all worked out and looking forward to the port trip reports. :thumbsup:

MsMin
05-13-2008, 10:27 AM
Have a safe drive down and a wonderful trip:thumbsup:

wdwgrl377
05-13-2008, 11:24 AM
Sounds like you have a great plan there! Can't wait to read about it once you get back! Have a safe trip!! :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
05-13-2008, 12:29 PM
Looks like the old Disney Magic came through for you at the last minute and salvaged your trip! :whew: I hope that you have a great time and I look forward to reading all about it when you return. :mickey:

faline
05-13-2008, 12:48 PM
This is certainly one Disney trip that was meant to happen - one way or another! Glad it all worked out! Have a wonderful time!

BluewaterBrad
05-13-2008, 04:39 PM
Have a blast!!:mickey:

vizsla
05-14-2008, 05:42 AM
Sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned. Have a great time and a safe trip.

thejens
05-14-2008, 11:40 PM
It sounds like an awesome plan. I just love Boma and the AKL. I am so glad it worked out for you after all. I look forward to reading your reports. Have fun!!!:mickey:

HndrdPrcnt
05-15-2008, 12:15 AM
It really does sound like a fun trip! I am so glad that you found someone to go with!! Have a great time! Can't wait to read the trip reports!:thumbsup: