PDA

View Full Version : The Disney Store

Davyjones
05-12-2008, 10:00 PM
My wife and I just got back from WDW and several CMs told me that our local Disney stores are being taken back by the Disney Company. They said that Disney is unhappy with the job that the current owners, the owners of The Children's Place stores, have done with them. So, Disney will be taking them back, according to the CMs I spoke to. Which is great because I didn't like the path my local Disney Stores were headed on.

Has anybody else heard this?

Donald
05-12-2008, 10:49 PM
I heard about that also. I am looking forward to seeing Disney quality again:mickey:

DizneyRox
05-12-2008, 10:57 PM
Strange that you didn't see this post (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=132517) which has been talking about this for a few months now I think.

TCP was unable to live up to it's end of the bargain when they took ownership of The Disney Store chain. I'm not so sure I'd expect a huge turnaround on Disney's behalf either. They couldn't do anything with them the first time around.

kakn7294
05-13-2008, 01:33 AM
While it's true that Disney is taking control of the Disney Stores over again, don't count on it to be a good thing. They are closing tons of stores, including all except 2 in my area - and both are over an hour's drive for me. There have been several others who have said they are losing their local stores as well. I've heard somewhere around 100 stores will be closing.

Ian
05-13-2008, 07:36 AM
This topic is already being discussed in the thread that DisneyRox linked to, so I'm going to close this thread and direct all discussion to the original.

Thanks! :mickey: