PDA

View Full Version : Network Fall TV Schedules

Melanie
05-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Let's discuss! :tv:

It's time for the big networks to announce their fall schedules. Let's post here as they are released.

I did see that October Road has been canceled :(, Eli Stone has been renewed and Scrubs is moving to ABC.

NotaGeek
05-12-2008, 08:30 PM
WHAT??? I can't BELIEVE October Road got the ax! And after ALL my catching up. Ugh.

At least Eli Stone has been picked up. Have you seen it yet?

2Epcot
05-13-2008, 02:10 AM
I thought October Road had potential. I had been watching it since it first came on. I wish the networks would gives shows more time to develop. It amuses me that ABC canceled My So Call Life, yet they had episodes available on their website recenlty ... It it is worth putting on the website, why was it canceled in the first place?

NotaGeek
05-13-2008, 02:39 AM
I thought October Road had potential. I had been watching it since it first came on. I wish the networks would gives shows more time to develop. It amuses me that ABC canceled My So Call Life, yet they had episodes available on their website recenlty ... It it is worth putting on the website, why was it canceled in the first place?

OMG I noticed that as well Chris! My So Called Life was SUCH a good show, and clearly it's good enough to relive on ABC.com. :D

ChipnDaleGal
05-13-2008, 05:34 AM
I am so bummed about October Road. I loved that show and those characters. There was a lot more story to tell there. And ABC axed Men in Trees already too. I am afraid that CBS is going to do the same to Moonlight. Ugh - corpses of my favorite shows will be lying all over the place. :cry:

The lone bright spot so far is the move of networks by Scrubs. My daughter and I are obssessed with that show. Always makes us laugh. So I am delighted that there will be another season afterall. :thumbsup:

SBETigg
05-13-2008, 06:19 AM
I like Eli Stone. That's good news. I can't believe they picked up Scrubs. Weird.

bicker
05-13-2008, 06:28 AM
We gave up on October Road early on. We just didn't see it going anywhere. I was shocked when it was renewed for the second season, and am not surprised it was canceled now.

I'm very happy to see Eli Stone renewed. I don't think it is the kind of show that will have a good second season though, so I wonder if we're not just setting ourselves up for disappointment a year from now.

Of course, NBC announced their plans last month. My wife and I were happy to see Lipstick Jungle renewed. It was definitely the better of the two four-chick-friends shows introduced this year. I was a little surprised they decided to make Knight Rider into a series. The movie wasn't bad, but it wasn't that good either.

I do like the other new series they're going to introduce: The Philanthropist, My Own Worst Enemy, Crusoe, Merlin and Kings all sound like excellent shows.

sardanem
05-13-2008, 07:09 AM
We are looking forward to a new season of Heroes in the fall. Was not overly thrilled with last season, but hoping it gets good again. It was a great show when it started.

Lisa

SBETigg
05-13-2008, 07:54 AM
Of course, NBC announced their plans last month. My wife and I were happy to see Lipstick Jungle renewed. It was definitely the better of the two four-chick-friends shows introduced this year. I was a little surprised they decided to make Knight Rider into a series. The movie wasn't bad, but it wasn't that good either.

I thought the Knight Rider movie was unbearably bad and there is no way I'm watching the show. Lipstick Jungle, also not watchable for me. I preferred Cashmere Mafia because it was so overdone as to make it laughable, along with Pat Fields ridiculous fashion choices. I'm starting to think of all I can get done in the evenings if network television continues to slide downhill.

bicker
05-13-2008, 01:08 PM
Yet, things aren't really sliding, overall. There is more great television now than ever before. Rather, people's individual tastes change, and perhaps no longer match that of the broader population, and therefore those folks feel distinctly under-served by the options available to them.

NotaGeek
05-13-2008, 04:09 PM
I will definitely be watching Knight Rider! :thumbsup:

PirateLover
05-13-2008, 11:31 PM
It amuses me that ABC canceled My So Call Life, yet they had episodes available on their website recenlty ... It it is worth putting on the website, why was it canceled in the first place?

I am so with you on this one. My So Called Life, along with Freaks and Geeks were 2 excellent shows that were never given a real chance to succeed. I'm still bummed about both of these being canceled.

TheMartellFamily
05-14-2008, 09:23 AM
There are so many shows that I have started watching that I really liked and then have not been renewed. I hate that feeling of being left hanging.

Disneyatic
05-14-2008, 10:03 AM
I will definitely be watching Knight Rider! :thumbsup:

I am with you on this! We loved the tv movie and were hoping it would show up as a regular show! This will definitely go on our DVR list :car:

2Epcot
05-14-2008, 01:25 PM
I am with you on this! We loved the tv movie and were hoping it would show up as a regular show! This will definitely go on our DVR list :car:

Another vote for Knight Rider ... I watched the original show with the Hoff, and thought the new version was great update.

Carol
05-20-2008, 08:20 AM
According to the newest TV Guide - the following shows have been canceled;

Aliens in America
Beauty & the Geek
Back to You
Canterbury's Law
Cashmere Mafia
Girlfriends
Las Vegas
Men in Trees :(
New Amsterdam :(
October Road
Shark :(
Women's Murder Club :(
Moonlight :(
Oprah's Big Give

ChipnDaleGal
05-20-2008, 08:28 AM
That list includes four shows that I loved (Men in Trees, October Road, New Amsterdam, and Moonlight), two that I really enjoyed (Women's Murder Club and Canterbury's Law) and one of my guilty pleasures (Beauty and the Geek). So a very sad list indeed for me. :(

offwego
05-20-2008, 02:49 PM
I liked Shark & Cashmere Mafia (the purses alone and the shoes..sigh)

I haven't even watched lipstick jungle so perhaps it will help. I am happy to see Eli Stone back!

bleukarma
05-20-2008, 08:04 PM
I am really, really sad about New Amsterdam and Woman's Murder Club getting canceled. :( They were two of my faves.

I will be another one watching the Knight Rider show though!