PDA

View Full Version : Just back from Poly Club Room

Catzle
05-12-2008, 03:50 PM
Well another perfect 9 days in Disney, weather was sunny and almost a little too hot, but I would never complain about the heat.
The room was great as always, our request wasn't met but we were able to change our room when we checked in. The food service was good except they have changed a few things since we were there last. No yogurt for breakfast and no PB &J sandwhiches for the kids at "lunch" time. We did ask and were told they don't do this anymore. They also don't do the pails in the room upon checkin with a few goodies in them for the kids,this is only for Princess Suits now. We had to make one service call as our tub was clogged when we checked in. But of course we love the Poly and had a great time at the resort!
One thing I noticed that I have never seen before is the lifeguards saving kids in the pool everyday! Everyday we saw a lifeguard jump in to save a very young child while the parent was at the other end laying in a lounge chair or sitting in the zero entry part while their 3 or 4 year old was going down the slide or sitting in the deeper end all alone. Very heartening to watch and see. The lifeguards would try to locate the parents and speak to them but sometimes the kids would run. I did speak to a parent and let her know what had just happened to her son, she than questioned him to see what happened.
Another thing I noticed was in the lounge, people being slobs. Food left on the floor, all over the tables, bowls, cups, napkins. Very sad to see people treat the lounge like that. I'm sure they don't act like that at home.
Also we saw the dream team once as we walked into Bugs Life. We walked by them and than they started handing out fast passes so I turned around and said can my family get those and she said no, we weren't here at the dream moment, that put me off a little. I didn't see anyone with laynards this time and very few, like a handful with the hats.
Saturday 5/10 the Magic Kingdom was packed and it was so hot out. We left at noon and swam until about 6 and when we went back the lines were the longest we had seen all week.
We went to the Pirates and Princess party, we did enjoy it and loved the fireworks!
We tried to book the bounce back program for next year but it is only good through 2008.
As always it was sad to come home and now we have to wait another year!

Tegrigg
05-12-2008, 04:01 PM
I'm so glad that everything went great. My family and I will be going to the Poly on May 23 for 9 days. That will be our 5th time going there. We love it. How was your rooms? Was the resort crowded? tracey :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
05-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Wonder when they stopped the pails for the kids? We got them at Thanksgiving time.
Glad you had a terrific trip! Wondering what you requested that wasn't met...glad they were able to make it right tho! Isn't the Poly:cloud9:?

Catzle
05-12-2008, 04:29 PM
We asked for a first floor room close to the entrance way and they had given us the very last room at the other end. No biggy we just wanted to be closer to the front, we ended up a little up from the middle which was great! The rooms are very nice. Flat screen TV, nice size fridge. We requested a microwave and they brought one up to our room. 5th year still no animal towels, we tipped every morning and night, but a couple of times the turn down service didn't take it, my daughters even wrote them a note thanking them for their hard work with money and they didn't take it? Was a little surprised. Most days the room was cleaned by noon but one day it wasn't until about 4. We didn't mind though as long as we had towels for showers by 5 we were good. We just love the Poly. We did get a little surprise when we checked in. We didn't get there until about 8:30 p.m. and the girls wanted to go swimming so after we got into our room we went down the pool within 10 minutes a Cast Member came up to me and asked if we would like to take a fireworks cruise, his family canceled and he called it a special moment. We had the boat all to ourselves, he had snacks and drinks, it was so nice and such a great way to start our week and to watch the fireworks! Disney is just so great!

mouseketeer mom
05-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Wow! That is great! What a magical moment all right! We booked the fireworks cruise one time and loved it.
Its hard to stay anywhere else but the Poly isn't it, once you've tried it. We are having our first ever non club stay there in August. We got such a deal with a bounceback code that we couldn't resist booking the MK view over club level with the discount. We couldn't use our code with club level. We were talking mucho dinero saved, so no club level for us this time! We'll still have our beautiful view tho and hey, anywhere at the Poly is fine by me.
So glad you had fun!

Catzle
05-12-2008, 04:44 PM
I also forgot to mention that yes, the pool was crowded a lot. But it was also the hottest it's been that week since we started going. My kids preferred to swim in the quiet pool where they were a lot less people.

mouseketeer mom
05-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Thats funny. My kids prefer the quiet pool too.

jillluvsdisney
05-12-2008, 06:53 PM
I am not condoning people being slobs on their vacation . Perhaps some guests feel that for the price they are paying for the club level, they feel entitled to have people pick up after them. I wouldn't act that way but I'm sure a lot of guests feel that way.

mickeefan
05-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Glad you had such a great time. The Poly is our very favorite.
We tried to take advantage of the bounceback offer for there in December but nothing was available. We did manage to get the Grand Floridian at 30% off. Can't beat that and we have never stayed there before.

BIGDOG
05-12-2008, 07:54 PM
Sounds like you had a pretty good time, My family and I are staying at the Poly for the first time this Dec and tips? I also was wondering we stayed at Disney resort Aug of 2007 what is the "bounce back special" ?

Catzle
05-12-2008, 08:45 PM
The bounce back program is a card that is in your room and you get a discount off your next visit if you book it before you check out. At this time they were only booking through 08'.
Tips for the Poly would be if your going to Epcot don't take the monorail all the around and than change, walk over to the TTC and than grab the monorail over to Epcot. Try the boat over to the Magic Kingdom, it is a a really nice ride. The quiet pool can be as nice as the Volcano pool. Have breakfast and dinner at
Ohana's it's a great place to eat.