PDA

View Full Version : Another ME Question

biggun35
05-12-2008, 03:07 PM
I picked up our packet from the travel agent today and she said not to put on the luggage tags until we get to Orlando, is that true? Is that because we are flying Southwest? We didn't have any trouble a couple of years ago when we flew American.

Thanks!

DisneyorBust
05-12-2008, 03:17 PM
If you want ME to deliver your luggage, then you need to put the luggage tags on. If you plan to/or need to grab the luggage from the baggage carousel, then no.
As it was explained to me, if you are using ME and having them grab your luggage at MCO, you need to put on the tags before you check in at your home airport. Going to MCO and using ME is the same for all airlines.
Heading back to MCO at the end of your trip is a different matter.

kakn7294
05-12-2008, 03:18 PM
Your TA is completely incorrect! Put the DME luggage tags on your bags before you get to your home airport and check your bags in, it doesn't matter which airline you are flying. Disney will take care of the rest and you won't even see your luggage in Orlando. When you land, you do not need to go to baggage claim - instead, go to the DME desk and check your party in then get on the bus and head to the World! Your luggage will show up "magically" in your room later. However, if you want to take your luggage yourself, then don't put the tags on and go to baggage claim before you go to the DME desk. You will have to collect all your luggage yourself and take it on the bus with you (there is storage beneath the bus).

sainter
05-12-2008, 05:10 PM
She is wrong! Disney has the luggage taken behind the scenes before it gets to the luggage carousel in Orlando!
It has not changed since you used it before...
Just look in your packet and follow those directions:thumbsup:

CleveRocks
05-12-2008, 05:11 PM
I picked up our packet from the travel agent today and she said not to put on the luggage tags until we get to Orlando, is that true? Is that because we are flying Southwest? We didn't have any trouble a couple of years ago when we flew American.

Thanks!Time to find a new travel agent.