PDA

View Full Version : Honey Moon

cmshelton1979
05-12-2008, 11:09 AM
I will be staying a Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter. Do you know if they (the resorts) do anything special for honey mooners? We will be staying Aug 10-15.

I am also looking for any suggestions on anything that can be recommended for newly weds while we are down in DW.:mickey::mickey::mickey:

TheRustyScupper
05-12-2008, 12:28 PM
1) Firstly, remember that hundreds of people have "special" days each day.
2) Secondly, those without special days want special treatment.
3) Combined, there are lots of folks who want specials.
4) As for Honeymoons, the CM's have lots of options.
5) What they do is up to each CM's initiative.
. . . free wine/cheese plates in room
. . . free meals or drinks
. . . free flowers in room
. . . free balloons and autograph picture in room

6) Make certain you get a "just married" button
7) People in the parks wish the their best

NOTE: Due to the amount of "special" days, expect little and be surprised with whatever comes your way.

RockinRollerMom
05-12-2008, 09:55 PM
POFQ is a great place for newly weds. I would suggest renting a horse drawn carraige ride. I have never done this myself but have stayed at POFQ and have seen them. It looks really romantic. I believe that they start at POR, but I am not totally sure. Maybe some other posters might have more info, or you could always call Disney and ask if it is something that you might be interested in.

garymacd
05-12-2008, 11:03 PM
We didn't stay at POFQ for our honeymoon. We didn't even get to WDW until we had been married for many years. We couldn't afford it.

BUT, we did stay at POFQ for our 25th anniversary! The staff members were so nice. We got a card signed by many of the cast members, another signed by many of the characters, some Mardi Gras beads (my beloved wife didn't even have to do anything to get them!!!) and some doubloons!

It was more than we expected. And we loved it.

Don't forget to get your bride and groom hats and Just Married buttons. Make sure your beloved husband wears it! It's incredible how many husbands only wear them the first or second day.

We wore our Anniversary buttons everyday. We got a lot of compliments and well wishes.

Mousemates
05-13-2008, 12:48 AM
NOTE: Due to the amount of "special" days, expect little and be surprised with whatever comes your way.

Good advice for a disney trip when it comes to perks and upgrades...if you expect them and they don't happen ,the disappointment can seriously dampen your overall enjoyment...but if you expect only what you paid for and get something special, then it just adds to the fun. The CMs try to make the magic happen :pixie:, but there is not enough pixie dust to single out everyone with a birthday, anniversary, recent marriage, graduate, etc.

Hope you get the extra touch though.

Figment104
05-13-2008, 12:14 PM
My DH and I were just there last year for our honeymoon and one of the things that I loved was a menu we received from Narcoosse's (sp). When we made our ADRs I mentioned that we would be on our honeymoon and when we arrived at the table they had special menus for us to take home with bride and groom Minnie and Mickey on it and across the top it said congratulations Mr. & Mrs. or something along those lines. This year we're going back for our 1st anniversary and we've made an ADR at Citricos (sp) and the CM on the phone indicated they would be doing the same sort of thing. So if you're able to afford it or going on the dinning plan and don't mind using 2 TS I highly recommend going out for a really nice dinner at one of the resorts or parks (loved Narcossiee's).

Also we've don the carriage ride from POR and it is very romantic.

My main advice would be to take tons of pictures/videos so you have those to look back on and to just relax and take your time.

Honeymooning at Disney World is just the most wonderful thing. I think I'll go and pull out my pictures when I get home. :cloud9:

brewcrew26
05-14-2008, 05:00 PM
Congratulations on your upcoming honeymoon!! :party:

We just got back a month ago and it was one of the most magical experiences ever. We also stayed at a mod - the CBR. When you make your reservations everywhere for accomodations, restaurants, etc., be sure to tell the CM that you're on your honeymoon.

When we arrived to check in at the hotel, they had "just married" pins for us right away. In the gift shop we got an autographed photo of Mickey and Minnie in bridal garb. The Disney wedding people brought a certificate into our room one day while we were in the parks.

The best experience was in the parks. Everyone is just so friendly. They go out of their way to make your vacation special whether it's giving you your own row in the Kilimanjaro Safaris, or front seat on Expedition Everest, to Mickey pixie dust on a table at Crystal Palace, there was just a lot of magic.

I made sure to make my own ears at The Chapeau on Main Street. It was more personalized than the traditional bride/groom ears. I wrote "bride" on the back, put some blingy charms on it, and a little Mickey and Minnie bride patch on it. I got sooo many comments from people.

Just tell everyone that you're on your honeymoon and remember to just enjoy the time together. We enjoyed the quiet strolls at the hotel or just sitting and people watching.

If you're interested, I posted our dining reviews and trip report recently, you can probably search for those and I have more in-depth comments on what our honeymoon experience was like.

Enjoy and congrats again!!!

Kate In Wonderland
05-14-2008, 09:18 PM
Congrats on your wedding! My husband and I stayed at POFQ for our honeymoon. It was wonderful. I second what everyone has already written here. Don't forget your just married buttons (you can get them at check-in).