View Full Version : Stroller

yjgirl715
05-12-2008, 08:49 AM
We are planning a trip for 2009- my DS will be 6- My ? is this- do strollers count as a piece of luggage? Last time we just rented a stroller but I was going to take my McLaren? with us this time since the prices have gone up and because when he falls asleep on the bus I can put him in the stroller to get back to the hotel instead of trying to carry him. Thanks for any help or advice!:mickey:

kakn7294
05-12-2008, 09:18 AM
Last time we flew with a stroller, it did not count as a piece of luggage but with so many changes in luggage restrictions lately, you might want to check with your airline.

goofiecrazy
05-12-2008, 11:25 AM
We have a trip coming up in Sept. and I called a couple weeks ago about the whole bag thing and asked about the strollers.I was told that strollers are not considered part of the check in process.SO the strollers dont count towards the number of bags u have.We are taking 2 strollers and she said there was no charge for more then one stroller.The only thing that you would pay xtra would be if you had 2 bags per person.We are flying USairs.

scootch713
05-12-2008, 01:32 PM
What kind do you have that fits your 6 year old?? I am forced to rent as I can't seem to find one that she will fit that is regular. I am willing to spend a bunch on it, at least I can resell it after our trip.

Taja
05-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Check with your airline. They're all different. Most don't seem to include it as part your checked luggage allowance if you check it, but I think one or two do.

And I don't think any consider it part of your checked luggage if you gate check it. But I could be wrong. There have been changes left and right lately!

DestinationWDW
05-12-2008, 07:24 PM
scootch, we just picked up a maclaren triumph - holds child up to 55 lbs.! Love it! Has long handles, which i like (i am 5ft 8in), seat reclines, water resistant hood and umbrella type (one hand fold) - found a cover and stroller bag at home for my chicco that i never used - fits it great - A Bonus! was a little pricey, $149, but we go every year, and just bought into dvc - may get even 3 trips out of it - will be well worth the price. Maclaren also had another that was $99 that i liked, only difference was that seat did not recline and was more mesh like (cooler for warmer i thought) - i was going with that one but DH wanted upgrade......Well worth it to us....steers great!!!! Check it out! :mickey:

scootch713
05-13-2008, 05:02 PM
scootch, we just picked up a maclaren triumph - holds child up to 55 lbs.! Love it! Has long handles, which i like (i am 5ft 8in), seat reclines, water resistant hood and umbrella type (one hand fold) - found a cover and stroller bag at home for my chicco that i never used - fits it great - A Bonus! was a little pricey, $149, but we go every year, and just bought into dvc - may get even 3 trips out of it - will be well worth the price. Maclaren also had another that was $99 that i liked, only difference was that seat did not recline and was more mesh like (cooler for warmer i thought) - i was going with that one but DH wanted upgrade......Well worth it to us....steers great!!!! Check it out! :mickey:

Thanks... will peek at it. I will have $135 in a 5 day rental.. so might as well get one I can resell.