PDA

View Full Version : Stormalong Bay Slide/Height Restriction?

Jarrod
05-12-2008, 08:39 AM
Does anyone remember if the big slide at SAB has a height restriction?

MNNHFLTX
05-12-2008, 03:14 PM
No height restriction that I recall, but a child must be tall enough and comfortable enough in the water to be able to put their feet down and get away from the end of the slide after splashing down. Parents are not allowed to stand in front of the slide exit to catch their kids but can stand off to the side to assist them if needed. And children must be able to go down the slide by themselves (or at least that's what they were telling people when we stayed there) as they don't allow doubling-up.

I think the pool depth around the exit of the slide is around 3-1/2 feet deep.

Baloo Da Man!
05-12-2008, 03:55 PM
I don't recall any specific height restrictions. My DS5 was about 41-42 inches and they let him go on the slide. I went first and made sure he was OK when he splashed into the pool. It is a bit turbulent and was too deep for him to stand. He is a good swimmer, but I would grab his hand and lead him to the side just in case. The life guards didn't seem to mind. I made sure I stood well out of the splash zone so he would not run into me. We had a blast. Did it over and over. Actually, the most dangerous part was avoiding hypothermia while waiting (shivering) at the top for our turn. :freeze: