PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl 2009

Mickey26
05-11-2008, 11:55 PM
Hi All!
Just found out that we are traveling to WDW during SuperBowl which will be in Tampa. Does anyone have any past experience of traveling to WDW when the Super Bowl is in Tampa?? Any info on this and if it will impact crowd levels or pricing would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!!! :mickey:

Nini
05-12-2008, 12:24 AM
Hi!!

According to another site, expect there to be heavier than normal crowds from Fri. through Mon.. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the busiest, Fri. the 30th is expected to rate a 7, Sat. & Sun. each a 9, and Mon. an 8.

For reference the week before (one of the slowest weeks of the year) rates Fri.-5, Sat.-4, Sun.-4, and Mon.-5.

The Super Bowl is the reason we moved our trip back a week!

Just be sure to take advantage of FastPass!!!

Denise :mickey:

r4kids
05-12-2008, 09:46 AM
We were planning to go that week, Jan 29th - Feb 5th. I guess we will move it up a week. Great question, I didn't even think about it and we are huge football fans. Duh, what were we thinking :confused:

Mickey26
05-12-2008, 11:22 AM
We didn't even think about that either. I just happened to read about it on another site. I don't think we can change our plans so we will just hope for the best. You never think of having to check where the Super Bowl is when making plans. I was so good about checking holidays and peak times, I never thought about Super Bowl. I was really looking forward to a nice quiet Feb. trip. Hopefully it wont be too crazy.
Thanks!!:smickey:

sillyolbear
05-12-2008, 11:42 AM
We actually moved our traditional February trip to the end of January to avoid the Super Bowl.

Mickey26
05-12-2008, 02:22 PM
We actually moved our traditional February trip to the end of January to avoid the Super Bowl.

You were smart! Wish we would have thought about that. Have a fun trip. :mickey: