PDA

View Full Version : How much do you tip?

FortheloveofStitch
05-11-2008, 10:55 PM
We are going on a seven day cruise. I have read some recomendations on how much to tip on the cruise. I have seen to tip approx $76 per person in stateroom regardless of age. It seems a bit much for a 6 yr old in our room. Just was wondering what other people tip.

Thanks

Pirate Granny
05-12-2008, 07:54 AM
A few years ago NCL took $10 per day per person and charged it to your room service bill. There were no exceptions and no way not to pay.
:pirate:

Mulan
05-12-2008, 08:47 AM
For our upcoming cruise (7 Night Western) I have budgeted $78.00 per person. We will be a family of 2 adults and DD6 and DD12. I always tip more to the stateroom host/hostess and the dinningroom servers. When I do a break down of per person per day, I don't think it is that much. Even though I have 2 children, they are the most demanding of our family. They really are the ones that need to be catered to. They are the ones that are the messiest in the stateroom.

That price is really a suggested amount. You can pay more or less depending on the service you receive. Just remember that these people are taking care of you for 7 days all day long. I've been on other cruises and Disney is the best for catering to our needs. Well worth the money!

PirateStitch
05-12-2008, 11:44 PM
We always decided the tips on the service we received. Which your on a Disney cruise and you'll be receiving the best service ever !!! I have to say though it got very confusing with tipping your dining staff bc it seemed like there were so many ! if I remember right Disney gives you a tipping guideline sheet on the last night of your cruise! Have fun.

TheDuckRocks
05-13-2008, 09:46 AM
Personally I would tip at least the amount Disney suggests per person including the kiddo. The service you will receive is outstanding!:thumbsup: What waitperson have you ever come across that spends the time to pour the ketsup for the kids in the classic Mickey shape? And that's just one small "over and above" you will receive your entire trip.

adoptionislove
05-14-2008, 09:44 PM
We just got back from our cruise and you are right, the last night they give you a suggested amount for all of the crew. It got really expensive...BUT you do get really good service. We ended up giving them more than the suggested amount, but, we felt it was $ well spent.

TammiMcMan
05-15-2008, 09:26 AM
I went with the "suggested" amounts given by Disney (http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/dcl/en_US/help/overview?name=OnboardServicesFAQLandingPage#9) and adjusted them if I felt it necessary. It does look like a big amount when you're paying it all at once, but If you break it down, for example a family of 4 on the 7 night is only paying $100 for your dining room server. That covers 3 meals a day over 7 nights. Based on a 15% tip, your average meal costs per day would be $100. I know there aren't prices on the menus, but a 4 or 5 course dinner alone is going to be well over $100 for a family of 4.

As mentioned, the kids do pay the same amount, but they get treated like princes and princesses. If you're like many of the rest of us who have experienced a Disney cruise, you may even find yourself adding on to the suggested amount.