PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to WDW in JUNE!!!

Gastonsgirl
05-11-2008, 10:46 PM
YAAAAY I'm going to WDW in June I'm sooo happy = )! Any tips?

faline
05-12-2008, 09:47 AM
You'll find it very hot and humid in Disney World in June. Make sure to drink lots of water.

If you're staying on site, I'd highly recommend taking a mid-day break back at your resort for some swimming and cool-down time. You can return to the parks later in the day, when things are cooling off a bit. If you're not able to do this, I'd suggest planning a mid-day lunch at a sit-down air-conditioned restaurant where you can get off your feet for a while, relax and cool off.

You can expect that there will often be mid-down thunderstorms which can be quite intense. Be sure to have rain gear with you.

And..most important of all...have a great time!

goofiecrazy
05-12-2008, 11:27 AM
Take breaks in the afternoon.
Buy rain ponchos before going.People who dont have ponchos tend to head back to the hotels when it rains.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
05-12-2008, 12:25 PM
I agree with the others if you can take a break mid day do it. It is very hot so stay hydrated, wear light clothes, and take breaks from the sun. The parks will be open earlier and later beacuse it is summer season so take advantage of that if you stay on property.

Griz
05-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Very first time I went was in June and I was totally Florida stupid :) First thing I did wrong was leave the slider door in my hotel room open a crack for "ventilation". I'm from a dry climate, needless to say. I woke up at 2am and it was still 90 degrees outside and in my room too.

I went to the Animal Kingdom the next day. I was by myself so I didn't go on many rides. I did my usual walking around seeing everything, enjoying the atmosphere, by 11am I thought I was going to die. I went the to Bug's Life shows like three times in a row. Air conditioning, yeah! They're not kidding when they say stay hydrated. I changed my strategy for the rest of the trip. Well, mostly I added more cold beer.

Another time (speaking of rain) I was at EPCOT in the evening, late July I think, again by myself, and the skies opened. Being a west coast boy I've seen this phenomenon at Disneyland a couple times, but when the rain started everyone disappeared for a little bit and then suddenly the park was filled with identical people wearing plastic mickey rain ponchos. It was surreal. After that, every shop I walked into had stacks of hundreds of these ponchos everywhere. I got myself one and stayed for a while. The rain didn't let up and pretty soon I had the whole place to myself. The downside is that I was totally soaked from the knees down but there were no lines for anything and no wait at any restaurant.

I think if one had the right footwear and some rain suit pants to keep the lower half dry it wouldn't be half bad. After all, most of us only get to go one in a blue moon, you don't want to spend your time there holed up in your room waiting for the storm to pass.

I'm going to be there again next month, thanks for getting me thinking about this. I'm going prepared this time!

Jeff G
05-12-2008, 02:51 PM
YAAAAY I'm going to WDW in June I'm sooo happy = )! Any tips?

Have fun!:mickey:

Seriously, read as much as you can here. There is a lot of knowledge that is shared daily and the better you plan the more fun you'll have.

A few recommendations since it's peak season and summer. Arrive to the parks before they open and hit the more popular/long wait attractions right away. If you plan correctly you can hit most of the big rides by noon at all of the parks.

Plan to go back to the hotel mid day if you can to swim and relax during the high heat times when the parks are most crowded.

My last tip, take you time. The parks are large and overwhelming and it's eas to get caught up in running from ride to ride. The coolest thing about WDW is all of the extras and attention to detail.