PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion requested!

Bethanymouse
05-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Hello all! My DF and I are looking to try something new this trip. We have all of our ADR's made, we are traveling in August. The question is, if you had the choice to eat at Spoodles or Mama Melrose which would you chose? Why or why not? Thanks so much for your help!!!!

Jared
05-11-2008, 09:37 PM
I'm one of the few people on the boards who seem to always have good experiences at Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano, but I still voted for Spoodles. The food is quite tasty, and I really like having dinner on the BoardWalk. My family had terrible service last time we were there, but I believe it was a rogue waiter and not an indication of the entire staff. The food quality warrants a return visit.

:tasty:

RockinRollerMom
05-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Even though I have only eaten at Mama Melrose's, I voted for Spoodles. I was not overly impressed with Mama Melroses. The food was ok not great and the service was not good at all. It wasn't horrible and if I was traveling during a busy time and wanted to do the fantasmic package I would eat there again. That being said, I would pick a new restaurant and take my chance if given the choice. Plus I have heard good things about Spoodles.

katzctkpt
05-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Haven't tried either but, I voted for Spoodles. The menu sounded better. Hopefully we'll try it this year (Spoodles).

KineGirl
05-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Since those were the only 2 options I voted Spoodles. Mama Melroses has consistantly been bad each time Ive gone (4x over the past 10 years). I ate at Spoodles and its ok... def better than Mamas. I really enjoyed the appetizers and flatbreads at Spoodles over the entrees.

dolphinmickey9170
05-11-2008, 11:03 PM
I guess my family is one of few that has had a great experience at Mama's. We couldn't decide on what to order, so we asked our server if she could ask the chef to make us a special dish. VIOLA, we had exactly what we wanted and wasn't charged anything extra. Our server also was taking care of our 15 guest table and never wrote down a thing, remembered everything, and forgot nothing. The food was great! Holly was awesome!!

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
05-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Spoodles!

CanadianWDWFan
05-12-2008, 12:29 PM
Mama Melroses has consistantly been bad each time
Our experience exactly. That said Spoodles while it is better, is also hit and miss. One time we went it was the best we had our whole trip. Last March it was just ok, nothing great.

Spoodles location is an added benefit. There is a lot to do and enjoy on the Boardwalk.

J9
05-12-2008, 01:02 PM
I have been to both many times and have had good experiences at both. (In fact, we are eating at both in November!) However, if I had to make a choice, I would pick Spoodles (so long as you don't mind leaving the park) because I just LOVE the Boardwalk and I love Spoodles' flatbread pizzas!!

elmjimmlm
05-12-2008, 01:09 PM
We have not tried Spoodles but MM was good...I like to try them all so when we have done that MM will be one to go back to...

bruin1344
05-12-2008, 01:17 PM
never tried spoodles but voted for it because mm is mediocre italian food with very small portions, i am a picky italian food eater though

LandFan
05-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Spoodles.
Spoodles is different and tasty - you also get the bonus of the boardwalk. Mama Melrose is pretty average Italian.

EvilQueen2006
05-12-2008, 01:27 PM
I voted for Spoodles. The flatbreads are awesome! Try the sangria. Mama Melrose is just ok in my opinion. Not great, but not awful either.

NJGIRL
05-12-2008, 02:45 PM
We weren't impressed with Mama Melrose. The food was OK but nothing special. I thought for what it was the menu was overpriced.

Jasper
05-12-2008, 02:54 PM
Our family is just the exact opposite of most of you in that we have consistently had a VERY good experience at Mama Melrose! However I voted for Spoodles simply because we have never had the chance to eat there yet. We have had reservations there a couple of times but things have just never worked out for us to make it there.

Mickey91
05-12-2008, 07:29 PM
I voted for Spoodles. We haven't eaten at either, but this is the one I would want to try.