PDA

View Full Version : Just Booked - Opinions Needed

Vinny
05-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Just finished booking a WDW trip for my father and myself for (9/27-10/4). We have been going at least once a year, for the last number of years, when no one else in the family is able to get the time off.

My question/issue is: We have always stayed at value resorts due to costs (airfare, car rental, accommodations, food, ect.). We were able to use air miles to pay the full cost of our airfare which has saved us alot for other expenses.

We are looking into either splitting our stay between a value (POP) and a moderate or deluxe (such as AKL) resort or even spending the entire trip at a moderate resort. I am an AP holder so I would be able to get the discounted rates for the resorts.

For those who have tried a split stay, what were your opinions of it or any pros/cons that came about?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Beast_fanatic
05-11-2008, 03:56 PM
We've done a split stay once although it was only one night in one resort and then the rest of our stay at another resort. We didn't find it to be a hassle at all. We had Disney move our luggage for us, and didn't have any issues with it. We just called bell services the morning that we were moving and told them we were switching resorts. They came to our room and got our bags and tagged them with our destination resort and off they went. Later in the day, we called bell services at our destination resort and they brought our bags to our room. It does take several hours for the transfer though, so if there is anything you need (like prescriptions or a change of clothes or your swim suit), be sure to keep it with you.

The only issue that I can think of with a split stay is if you are doing the dining plan as part of a package. In that case, you would have to buy at least a one day pass for each leg of your stay, and that would end up costing you more money than if you weren't doing that, but it doesn't sound like that would be the case in your situation.

BluewaterBrad
05-11-2008, 05:28 PM
I would go for the Mod the whole stay. We like the true "home base" and not have to move around.:mickey:

Gator
05-11-2008, 05:40 PM
I would stay the whole time at a Moderate. You get a coffee maker/water boiler and a fridge. Plus, the theming at the Mods are sooooo much better than the values. It's like going to a different country - not Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium.:D