PDA

View Full Version : Dinners at the parks

peterbiltchic2000
05-11-2008, 12:54 PM
I need help to picking out good place to eat at the parks. At Magic Kingdom I would like to eat at a character dinner. Hollywood Stuidos not sure about this one I have already tried Sci Fi. And Epcot I think Im goin to try the le celliar. I will have to DDP. Thanks for the help:confused:

RockinRollerMom
05-11-2008, 01:17 PM
My only suggestion is to look outside of the parks to the resorts for ADR's as well. Most of my favorite restaurants are not in the parks. They are surprisingly easy to get to.

Mk days- We often eat at Kona Cafe (at the Poly) or Chef Mickey's (character buffet meal at the Contemporary). Other suggestions might be 1900 Park Fare (Cinderella and friends buffet at the Grand Floridian) or Cali Grill if you wanted something really special.

DHS days- We almost always go to the Cape May buffet dinner at the Beach Club. It is a wonderful new england clambake, but there is tons for those who don't like seafood as well. There is boat from DHS to the Beach Club which is really easy.

I think that your choice of Le Celliar at EPCOT is a great one.

Mary M
05-11-2008, 02:21 PM
Hollywood Studios - Mama Melrose's is a good pizza place, if you don't want fancy. If you want fancy, Brown Derby is excellent. You could also walk/boat over to the Boardwalk and eat at any of the restaurants there. Big River Brewing is good, Spoodles is excellent. I've never eaten at Flying Fish.

Epcot - all the Boardwalk options work here, too. You just go out the international gateway and boat or walk to the Boardwalk.

You will need (and may have trouble getting) ADRs for Le Cellier, Brown Derby, and Spoodles. And probably Flying Fish, too.

joanna71985
05-11-2008, 02:43 PM
My favorite places to eat dinner at MK are CP and LTT (LTT over CP). The food is really good, it is brought to the table (which is nice), and the characters are so cute in their colonial outfits. It is Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale.

CP is also good. It is a buffet, which helps find something for everyone. The characters are Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, and Eeyore.

Disneyfun
05-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Well, the perfect restaurants really depend on your group, ages and the like.
When my wife and I go, here are our favourites:
MK-Liberty Tree Tavern, Cinderella's Royal Table, and Crystal Palace.
EPCOT-Garden Grill, Chef's de France, and Teppan Edo.
DHS-I have never eaten at any of the table service restaurants there, but have heard good things about the Brown Derby.
Resorts near MK - O'hanna at the Poly, 1900 Park Faire at the Grand Floridian, and Concorse Steakhouse and California Grill at the Contemporary are all great!

wendy*darling
05-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Can you tell us when you are going and who is in your party?
How many people? What are the ages of any kids?
Are you staying in a Disney Resort? (I guess you have to be if you have the DDP...)

These things will help us make better recommendations. :mickey:

Gator
05-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Definitely do the Liberty Tree Tavern at MK. Save it for the end of your trip, because it's like a giant Christmas dinner and Goofy and Pluto are invited.

Le Cellier is good at Epcot. As tempting as it might be, don't go to San Angel - the food is terrible. I loved both places at Morocco.

Disney Studios has no food really good to speak of, IMHO. All the above mentioned places are as good as the other.

Natazu
05-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Jym's Top-7 WDW Restaurants in the Parks:
7. Crystal Palace (characters)
6. Garden Grill (characters)
5. Rose & Crown
4. Coral Reef
3. Le Cellier
2. Marrakesh
1. Hollywood Brown Derby (2TS)

katzctkpt
05-11-2008, 10:09 PM
Le Cellier is good at Epcot. As tempting as it might be, don't go to San Angel - the food is terrible. I loved both places at Morocco.

Disney Studios has no food really good to speak of, IMHO. All the above mentioned places are as good as the other.

I most definately agree stay clear of San Angel Inn. The food smelled so good while we were riding the 3 Amigos so, we tried and absolutely hated it. DHS really no place there. At MK I agree go to one of the resorts off the monorail and do one of the character dinners they offer. 1900 Park Fare or Chef Mickey are my favorites.

Jared
05-11-2008, 10:52 PM
Try Liberty Tree Tavern for a delicious character dinner at the Magic Kingdom. The meal is a Thanksgiving feast served family style, and everything on the menu, besides perhaps the generic macaroni and cheese, is absolutely delicious. The characters, including Minnie, Pluto and Goofy, are dressed in colonial garb.

I don't particularly like any of the World Showcase restaurants, so I can't really make a legitimate recommendation. At Disney's Hollywood Studios, anything is better than the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater. Consider The Hollywood Brown Derby if you're willing to pay a little extra. The 50's Prime Time Cafe is fun, too.

:tasty:

Mickey91
05-12-2008, 07:58 PM
MK character - LTT

EPCOT - We love Le Cellier. We also enjoy the Coral Reef.

DHS - 50's Prime Time is our favorite