PDA

View Full Version : Pepper Market at CSR

RockinRollerMom
05-11-2008, 11:05 AM
We will be staying at CSR for the first time this December and I am so excited!

Can any-one who has stayed there tell me about the Pepper Market. I have heard that it can be confusing and that there is an automatic graduity charged to your bill. We generally only use the food court for breakfast. We are on DDP so eat most TS and CS elsewhere.

When we have stayed at POFQ DH or I would go to the food court in the morning and get some food to bring back to the room while we are getting ready. We often split a meal plus a side between the 3 of us. This has saved us a lot of time and money in the past. We are not morning people. Is this going to hard to do this with the Pepper Market? We have requested Cabanas 9b to make getting our morning food a little easier, but as you all know this is not a guarantee. Do you think it will be easier to plan on eating there vs bringing our food back to the room?

BluewaterBrad
05-11-2008, 04:46 PM
I would prefer to eat there, especially breakfast. If my memory serves me right they have very nice to-go boxes. The selection is wonderful at the pepper market. Have fun!!:mickey:

Gator
05-11-2008, 05:26 PM
If your on the DDP, it's really easy. In fact, it's the best deal on the DDP because you get TS food for CS credit. If you pay cash, I think there's a 10% gratuity for the staff that makes sure your drinks stay full. It's not confusing at all. Just get what you want, then pay.

crazeedizneefinatic
05-11-2008, 05:26 PM
We have never stayed at CSR but have eaten at the Pepper Market alot. They do charge an automatic gratuity if you choose to eat in. I "think" if it's take out they do not. When you arrive they give you a card and show you to a table. They have many different stations serving different items. When you go to the different stations they stamp your card with what you got. A server brings your drinks and silverware and clears your dishes. When you leave you hand the cashier your card and pay. It's definately not a typical food court. It's a semi sit down restaurant but there food is good.

RockinRollerMom
05-11-2008, 06:57 PM
[QUOTE=Gator;1626706]If you pay cash, I think there's a 10% gratuity for the staff that makes sure your drinks stay full.QUOTE]

We will be on the Dining plan. Does this mean that people on the Dining Plan do not have to pay the gratuity?

Thanks

Hammer
05-11-2008, 07:27 PM
We will be on the Dining plan. Does this mean that people on the Dining Plan do not have to pay the gratuity?

Thanks

Gratuity is not included in the 2008 Dining Plan for any dining establishment. Now, if your husband goes to pick up the food and bring it back to the room, that is take out and you are not charged gratuity. What your husband would do is tell the hostess that he wants to pick up food to go. He will be given a card which he will get stamped at the stations where he gets food for the family. After he has all the food, he goes to the checkout and pays for it; heading back to the room.

Maleficent's Dad
05-12-2008, 08:36 AM
I have heard that it can be confusing and that there is an automatic graduity charged to your bill.

When we have stayed at POFQ DH or I would go to the food court in the morning and get some food to bring back to the room while we are getting ready.
Unless their policy has recently changed, you will not be charged a gratuity if you get your food "to go." Just let the host/hostess know that you're getting food to go.

Is this going to hard to do this with the Pepper Market?
Not at all; we've done it with the food to go and it's worked out just fine. :mickey:

Flower
05-13-2008, 10:10 AM
We love the Pepper Market and make a point of eating there whether we are staying at CS or not - it truly is the best restaurant out of all of the value resorts as there is a ton of variety and a lot of the meals are made fresh.

The gratuity is only if you sit down to eat, but I don't mind paying it because your meal is served on real plates with real cutlery and real cloth napkins, as opposed to other mods where everything is paper and plastic. Plus you have wait staff that refresh your drinks for you, they will even bring ketchup,etc to your table!

Don;t worry about splitting, DH and I do it all of the time and they are very accommodating.

The other plus about PM - When you get your meal from the station you go straight to your table and can sit down to a relaxing HOT meal, whereas at the other mod food courts you get your food and have to stand in line to pay and your food is cold by the time you get to eat it.

PM just has So many advantages! And we loved the Cabanas section and I would ask to stay there again in a heartbeat. Disney is very accommodating at fulfilling requests. I have even requested a specific area and not been given it, usually if I mention this at check in they will arrange to fulfill the room request if it is available.