PDA

View Full Version : Figaro's flower festival part 6

dlpmikki
05-11-2008, 07:02 AM
Now we are back at OKW with Internet the reporti ng can continue - Meeow!

Wednesday 30th April
Mikki has booked a tennis lesson at 6.00pm so we set off early to visit Kennedy Space Center and get back in good time. We take our preferred, quiet, route along the 417. Our “sat-nav” doesn’t like this route: it tries to send us other ways at least 4 times before admitting it will go our way.

At KSC, we get annual passes. The extra cost is so little it is virtually a “no brainer”. In fact, we have already paid for the extra cost of one of them on this visit with the discounts we got at the restaurant and shop.

KSC security is more thorough than Disney. I get taken out of the bag and squeezed. I hope this will be worth it. Mikki gets sent back with the GPS device. Luckily, the car is close.

We do not take any bus tours today. We have in the past – and they are great. Our first target is the new Shuttle Launch Experience. Unfortunately, I can’t ride because they insist all bags and other items go in lockers at the entrance. The attraction is set up for many more people than now. There is a quite amusing pre-show before you get to wait at one of 4 large simulators. Only one was needed at the moment and it was far from full. The story is that you are in a module in the orbiter cargo bay. The idea is that you are positioned for a vertical launch – but my humans guess the cabin tilted less than 45 degrees. The forwards and backwards tilt was the only motion of the simulator as a whole: there is no spin or actual additional g force as in Mission Space’s Orange Team. What there was, was a lot of shaking during launch. My humans guessed that was a lot more realistic than Disney. There was also a clever impression of acceleration and weightlessness by pulling the center of the seat back backwards and then releasing it.

We walk through the shuttle mock-up (still impressive) before it is time for the new IMAX film – walking on the moon in 3D (actual title, “Magnificent Desolation”). It is very impressive: a great combination of actual shots taken by astronauts and studio footage giving the impression of what it was like. They have some shots as if you are one of the astronauts looking through the helmet faceplate.

Now, the humans need feeding so we go to Mila’s Restaurant. The food and service are good (tomato and mushroom soup is an excellent combination) and the discount is 20%.

Last, we go to the shop. They have cuddly toys in the shape of the space shuttle! That’s a big “No Go” guys.

We leave in good time for Mikki to get back to the room and have a rest before her tennis coaching. She enjoys that too – enough to book a string of sessions before she goes home

Thursday 1st May
We all wake up with the alarm so Mikki can go to her 7.00am tennis session. The early start and the heat left both my humans feeling lazy so they went down to Downtown Disney and some more shopping before an afternoon nap. In the evening they went to try a new eating place for them – Bahama Breeze. Both of them liked the food there. Mikki’s tennis coach had also recommended it saying that they always used fresh food, not frozen. A good start on packing that night would help them get out early the next day. Jolly glad we don’t have so many moves on the next trip, a toy cat worries about being left behind!

pdrlkr
05-11-2008, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
05-11-2008, 04:47 PM
What a nice visit to the Space Center!

Very lovely report, Figaro!

wdwgrl377
05-11-2008, 11:04 PM
What a great report! thanks for sharing!:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
05-12-2008, 09:32 AM
I am glad our favorite kitty reporter has made it through all the moving about. Your humans sure have been busy with trips to the Space Center and tennis lessons. Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Figaro. :mickey:

DizNee143
05-12-2008, 09:37 AM
KSC sounded like you all had a nice time..there and wow..you all got up early the next day!! hope you all enjoyed the nice lazy day!! :mickey:

offwego
05-13-2008, 08:51 PM
I'm sure you would never get left behind, thank you so much for sharing this with us.:mickey:

Bethis26fan
05-13-2008, 09:48 PM
Thanks for sharing.

pogo
05-14-2008, 09:33 AM
I'm glad you enjoyed KSC ! It's one of our favorites as well. :thumbsup:

It's also good Mikki has finally taken a tennis lesson so she won't look so foolish this December ! :D

tinkerbell04
05-16-2008, 07:09 PM
The trip to KSC sounds great! Thanks for sharing.:mickey: