PDA

View Full Version : Live from POFQ 5/10/08 Part 2 - Photo Update

Piglet822
05-11-2008, 01:20 AM
*Updated on 5/13/2008 to add Ghirardelli pictures link*

Ok, so it's actually the 11th because it's 1:00 in the morning :)
I ended up taking a nap, Jim played on the computer and about 5 he woke me up so we could shower and head back out to Epcot. We have ADR's at San Angel for 7:30 and I always like to give myself plenty of time when using Disney transport.
I'm glad I did. We get to the bus stop just as the Epcot bus is pulling up. Unfortunately he hasn't the room for us but promises to call another bus. Ok, not a good start and I'm not thrilled but I understand. He's good as his word though and within minutes another Epcot bus pulls up just for us :D Jim asks him if we will be picking up at POR but the driver tells him that no, we're going straight to the park. Sweet!!!!! Our own private bus.
At the front gate my pass acts up once again (it didn't work earlier in the day either) and the CM goes to get me a replacement ticket. Within minutes we are in the gate and on our way and decide to hit Ellen's Universe of Energy. Again, our timing is perfect. It's the last show of the day and it starts almost immediately after we enter.
It's about 7:18 when we exit and we hustle off to Mexico. We arrive and check and we're seated shortly afterwards. Not a table by the water but close. We start off with the Nachos (very good :thumbsup: ). For dinner Jim has the Combinacion Cozumel which includes grilled beef tenderloin, grilled shrimp, mashed potatoes and vegetables. I decide on the Plato Mexicano which comes with grilled beef tenderloin, a chicken enchilada, a beef flauta, rice, and refried black beans. Everything is delicious but I am unable to finish mine because I am absolutely stuffed. I especially liked our server, her name was Anna. When she brought our bill back (I have DDE) she let us know that the tip was already included but she apologized to us and said she hated having to tell people - I guess she was uncomfortable bringing it up. I assured her that it was fine and that we were aware of it and I really didn't mind provided I received good service which I assured her we had.
We left the restaurant at 8:50 and headed for the exit because we had already decided we wanted to go to DD for a bit. We grab the bus back to POFQ and then head for the boat to DD. Again we are lucky with the transportation because the boat comes not even 5 minutes after we get to the dock. We head over to WOD but not before noticing that Ghirardelli's is open. :yay: We shop a little, Jim gets a couple of things for his boys and now it's time for ice cream.
I have to say, I wasn't overly impressed with the changes that have been made. I took some pictures and will post them tomorrow. When you enter Ghirardelli's the registers are in front of instead of off to the right and there's no queue line like before. There are several lines for each register, much like Pecos Bill and Columbia Harbor House, just to name a couple of CS restaurants. You give your order, you still receive a number and then you wait just like before. There are some new "pipes" running along the ceiling that looks like it's carrying chocolate to the different areas of the shop. Not sure if they are actually working pipes for the AC or such or if it's just decoration. Personally, I think it was more chaotic than before and I don't really see where there's more seating than before. Oh well. The ice cream is still yummy :tasty:
After this we head for the bus stop and after about 5 or 10 minutes the PO bus shows up. Now here's where it got a little weird. OKW and PO share a bus stop at Marketplace. The PO bus had to wait for the OKW bus to finish loading before he could pull in. I'm sitting right there in the scooter, there's no way this guy could miss me, right? WRONG! He pulls up, opens the front door and starts loading. I look at Jim and wonder what's going on? I walk to the door of the bus to let the driver know we have a scooter that needs to be loaded. He says he never saw us!!! He is very nice about it and loads us right away. We finally make it back to the hotel and I had to start packing because this was just a short weekend trip and we must go back home tomorrow. But first we will be having breakfast at Cape May.
I know my reports are not as exciting as some but I want to thank you all for reading them :)

Ghirardelli's New Look (http://community.webshots.com/album/563407490PtZFMq?vhost=community)

gamblefamily5
05-11-2008, 02:29 AM
Sounds like you are having a great time! I have a friend that left yesterday to head down there with her family (her, her parents, and her 4 year old. Her husband is in Iraq ) They are driving from Arkansas. Was it busy there? I am glad you got to go, even for just a short trip!:mickey:

vizsla
05-11-2008, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the report.

Piglet822
05-11-2008, 09:05 AM
Was it busy there? I am glad you got to go, even for just a short trip!:mickey:

The only park we did was Epcot and I didn't think it was crowded at all - When we rode the Land it had a 5 minute wait, Soarin' had a 40 minute wait. We did grab a FP for it. We didn't check out any other rides.
One thing I forgot to mention in my earlier report, we originally planned to check out the AP preview for the new Toy Story attractrion at DHS but Mikki (dlpmikki) called me on Saturday to tell me when she went there was a 2 hour wait :eek:
I'm a little disappointed that I won't get to preview it while we're here but Jim and I agreed we can come back another time because I have some "real world" chores to do such as shopping, laundry, cleaning, and 3 teenagers to feed :)

MauiMouse
05-11-2008, 09:16 AM
Sounds like you had a very nice evening yesterday. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your dinner at San Angel Inn.

Haven't been to Ghirardelli's yet, so hopefully one of these time I'll get there.

Have a good breakfast at Cape May.

Thanks for the report, Jeanne I enjoyed reading about your trip. :mickey:

pdrlkr
05-11-2008, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Disneydol
05-11-2008, 10:01 AM
Jeanne, you are the envy of my family right now. I'm so glad you got to take a weekend and spend some time at WDW with friends that come from around the universe to see you! HAHA

We'll see you next month :D

BluewaterBrad
05-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Your reports are great! I am looking forward to seeing your pictures.:mickey:

laward32
05-11-2008, 04:33 PM
I am glad the transportation worked out so well for you. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.:mickey:

faline
05-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Long, fun, and busy day! Thanks for taking us along with you!

SgtTigger
05-11-2008, 10:24 PM
what a great trip.............

Glad you had a great time..........

only 19 more days till we head down and hit the cruise.... then it is off to WDW.........

:cop: :tigger:

wdwgrl377
05-11-2008, 10:44 PM
Sounds like you had great timing with all the buses, etc. Sorry that last bus driver didn't see you.

I enjoyed reading your reports, Jeanne! Can't wait to see the pictures! :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
05-12-2008, 09:23 AM
What a wonderful weekend getaway for your both, Jeanne. Good food, beautiful flowers and good company can't be beat. Thanks for sharing it with us. :mickey:

tinkerbell04
05-12-2008, 10:47 AM
That's my kind of weekend! Thanks for the udates on Ghiradelli's. I am anxious to check it out next month when we head down. :mickey:

castlelady36
05-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Sounds like another great day!!! Making me wish I was there....like I wish every day!!!

Jeff
05-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the report!:thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
05-12-2008, 11:01 PM
Sounds like another nice day. Thanks for sharing.

pogo
05-14-2008, 02:35 PM
I've enjoyed reading your reports very much. Thank you for sharing your weekend and your thoughts about it with us. :mickey:

One day we'll meet and I can see if all the things Bret has said about you are true. ;)

Once again, thanks for sharing ! :D