PDA

View Full Version : transportation ? - GF to MK to Poly

BelleLovesTheBeast
05-10-2008, 02:27 PM
What is the best way to do this? We are driving down and will be using our car for most of the trip.

However we have breakfast at 1900 Park Fare at 8:05 am and then will be going to MK for the day. For dinner we have a 7:15 pm ADR for Ohana's. We would like to take the ferry or monorail to MK and then to Poly.

Would it work if we drove to GF - left our car, took the ferry to MK and then to Poly and after dinner took the monorail to GF?

MK closes at 8 pm that night so the monorail will run until 9:30, right? Or does it run until 10:30 pm since Epcot is open till 9 pm?

Just trying to plan everything out. Thanks for your help!

faline
05-10-2008, 03:16 PM
Unless you're staying at the resort, parking at the resorts are generally limited to a 3 hour pass. You can start your morning by driving to the Grand Floridian. From there, you can move your car to the Transportation and Ticket Center. Your car can remain there while you go to the Magic Kingdom. From the Magic Kingdom, you can take the monorail or boat to the Poly for your dinner. The Ticket and Transportation Center is just a short walk from the Poly or you can take the monorail there.

BelleLovesTheBeast
05-10-2008, 03:32 PM
We will be staying at a Disney resort. The Ticket center is a thought. Is it possible for me to park at GF and just get the car later in the day by taking the monorail from Poly to GF? I haven't been on the monrail in over 10 years and can't remember exactly how the monorail runs.

faline
05-10-2008, 03:54 PM
Even if you are staying at a Disney resort, you can't park at a resort where you are not a guest for longer than the allowable guest time so you'd likely still need to move after breakfast.

The monorail runs from the Poly to the Grand Floridian to the Magic Kingdom to the Contemporary to the Ticket & Transportation Center and back to the Poly.

joelkfla
05-10-2008, 11:52 PM
I don't know about the parking situation, but the resort monorail line runs from 7 a.m. until 2 hours after the later of MK or Epcot closes -- so until 11 p.m. on a night that MK closes early.

I don't know how late the parking lot trams run. If you parked at the TTC, you might have to walk to your car in the parking lot from the monorail station.

irish1967
05-11-2008, 08:26 AM
Only guests at a particular resort are allowed to park all day - guests from other Disney Resorts or off-site will be given a 3 hour parking pass to cover the time needed for the meal and to look around the resort.

Here is what I would do...

Drive to the TTC and park there. Get on the monorail with the sign "Resort Monorail" and take it to the GF for breakfast.

Then take the monorail or resort launch to the MK and enjoy your day.

Then take the monorail or resort launch to the Poly for your ADR at O'Hanas.

Then you can either take the monorail to the TTC or even walk, it is a very short walk (5 minutes) from the Poly to the TTC.

Getting from the TTC to the GF is a very short monorail ride and I honestly think that it will take less time to park at the TTC in the first place than to move your car afterwards.