PDA

View Full Version : AKL in Oct/Nov/Dec

GabbyJacobsmom
05-10-2008, 09:17 AM
I am starting to work on plans for our 2009 trip to Disney, this time it will be a magical gatherings as my parents and brother/wife will be joining us. We typically stay offsite in a house, but have decided to stay on resort. My kids love the widelife at AKL and wanted your opinion on AKL savannah view during the months of Oct/Nov/Dec. Do you typically see animals outside your room? Is it worth the exta $ to stay here versus a resort such as Pop or Movies? Opinions please :thumbsup: Thank you so much and have a great day!

Gator
05-10-2008, 05:15 PM
I've never upgreaded to a deluxe from moderate, but AKL is very nice. If I ever did upgrade, this would be the only place I'd consider. If you want to see animals from your room, you'll need to pay a little more each night.

Tinkerfreak
05-10-2008, 05:22 PM
We have stayed at AKL a few times, usually at the end of oct. into early nov.. We have always seen alot of animals from our balcony as well as from the many viewing areas throughout the resort. If you kids love animals this is the place to stay. It also has a couple of realy great table service restaurants as well as a really good counter service restaurant. I have never stayed at a value so I cannot compare that for you.

Kidsmom
05-12-2008, 12:18 AM
I would book now as there is limited space until the new building opens.

If cost is an issue....not having a Sanvanaha view isn't a big deal. There are plenty of places to see the animals. Our last trip, we saw more animals from the common areas than our balcony as were just didn't go out there much in our room. When we were in our room it was mostly eating and sleeping..still we had great pictures from the common viewing area.

Have a great trip!