PDA

View Full Version : Question about Nov trip

Rosemickey68
05-09-2008, 11:49 PM
We are planning a trip for the week of Thanksgiving this year and are going to book 2 rooms at Pop. As of right now 5 of us are going for sure.
My son may go but won't know if he has the $$$ until October (adult living in another town...DH says he needs to pay his own way if he wants to go)
We are probably going to book a MYW package with dining.
Due to the fact that there are penalties in booking a package and changing it within 45 days of the trip...can you add the MYW package w/dining when you get to the resort or does this have to be done ahead of time????
Would there be a penalty by adding him if we only booked a package for the 5 of us?????
I know you can book the room and add tickets at the resort to your "key to the world", but wasn't sure about adding a package and feel it would save us money getting the dining plan during this holiday week.
I know we must book ADR's for this week as it will be busy, so......Should we book our ADR's for 6 in case he goes and then change them if he decides he can't afford it???
Thanks for your help!!!!:mickey:

Strmchsr
05-10-2008, 09:43 AM
I'm not sure about the logistics of changing your package like you asked. I would suggest working with Magical Journeys on that since they're the experts.

As for your ADRs...yes, you definitely need them!! Also, making them for 6 just in case would be smart. You can always subtract on an ADR with no problem, but you can't add. Especially in crowded restaurants (like Le Cellier) or during crowded weeks the ADRs are usually full and they can't add another person for fire code reasons. So, if you go ahead and make it for 6 you lose nothing if he doesn't come and save yourself hassle if he does.

Beast_fanatic
05-10-2008, 05:06 PM
You cannot add the dining when you check-in. It must be booked in advance - I think the minimum amount of time is 10 days, but I'm not 100% certain on that. I believe that changes to packages within 45 days do incur a penalty. I think your best bet would be to book your reservation through Magical Journeys as Strmchsr suggested as they would be able to answer your specific questions and figure out the best possible scenario for you. They don't charge a fee for their services, and they are fantastic to work with! :thumbsup: