PDA

View Full Version : How long do you stay at the World?

the other micki
05-09-2008, 09:59 PM
How many days/nights do you normally stay at the World? I'm trying to decide the length of stay for our trip. We are kinda homebodies, but I don't want to be rushed at the World either.
Thanks!

ibrowse17
05-09-2008, 10:07 PM
Our last couple of trips have been 5 days/4 nights. We were used to going at least a week, but found the 4 night stay was just right for us. Still, nothing wrong for going for a whole week:thumbsup:

Harriet
05-09-2008, 10:24 PM
I never go for less then 6 or 7 nights. I don't like to rush after all its a vacation. This gives me time to take lttle bits at a time and then relax for a couple of hours.

Buttercup
05-09-2008, 10:32 PM
Our trips always end up being 7-8 days because of my husband's vacation schedule. In years past though I've gone for 14 days and it was great! I think ideally I would like to spend 10 days there every trip.

bmj721
05-09-2008, 10:51 PM
We have stayed as short as 5 nights and as long as 14 nights. But the best for our family is 10 nights which is how long we will be staying this Dec. It allows time for going to the parks and for days inbetween to kick back and relax. That way we don't go home exhausted.
:thumbsup:

biodtl
05-09-2008, 11:06 PM
We generally go from Saturday to Sunday. Dh doesn't have as much vacation time as I do, so we have to keep it to one work week, but we stretch it to get both weekends.

Mrs.Mickey
05-10-2008, 12:00 AM
I've gone any where from 7 days to 17 once. I think 10 days is the best amount of time that way you can go to all the parks visit your favorites more than once and if you wanted to relax or explore other things in the area you have time for that too. If I only went for a few days I would feel like I did'nt get to do everything that I wanted to.

HndrdPrcnt
05-10-2008, 12:31 AM
Your best value is a 10-day trip. You get the most for your money. Of course, if you want to not do the parks a few of the days, then you can extend to 12 days or more. I try to stay as long as possible. The next trip is currently planned for 9-nights, 10-days!!:thumbsup:

KineGirl
05-10-2008, 03:13 AM
We always go for 5 nights/6 days. My DH can never take more than a week off and that way it still leaves us enough points for DD and I to take another 5 night/6 day solo trip during the year. It always seems a little a short but I think even if I went for 10 days it wouldnt be long enough. Plus this way I get to go twice a year :mickey:

My folks live in Orlando too so its always a great excuse to get down there to see them (like I need one but they hate to think we are ever going out of our way just to see them)

brertosh
05-10-2008, 05:07 AM
This is our first time to the World and we will be staying for 10 nights/11 days. Seems like a good amount of time to see and do alot.

Tinkerfreak
05-10-2008, 07:46 AM
This is our first time to the World and we will be staying for 10 nights/11 days. Seems like a good amount of time to see and do alot.

I think that is a perfect amount of time for a first trip. It gives you plenty of time to get to know the lay of the land so to speak and you wont feel so rushed. I would love to do a 10 day trip but can't pull the kids out of school for more than one week.

N2DisneyWorld
05-10-2008, 09:11 AM
We try to go for at least 7 nights. That way we get 6 full days in the park. One day for each park, one day for shopping at DTD and one day to go back and do all our favorites. :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
05-10-2008, 09:51 AM
We prefer to go for no less than 8 nites because otherwise I feel pressured to "get it all in". Also, there are times we like to split our stay between resorts and a longer length of stay makes it more comfortable to do so.

donnah77
05-10-2008, 10:39 AM
We usually stay 8 days, 7 nights. The first day is travel, then we get 2 days each at MK & Epcot, a day each DHS & AK. Our kids are very young, so we do shorter days at the parks. We go to Chef Mickey's breakfast on the last day and back to MK to wave goodbye to Mickey. Next year we are looking to go for 10-11 days!

Donna

KayDee
05-10-2008, 10:42 AM
We also like to take it easy at WDW but at the same time feel like we did everthing.We dont stay less then 10 full days.Our longest stay was 16 full days,we did tours and stuff lots of fun.

RockinRollerMom
05-10-2008, 10:57 AM
We normally go for 7-8 days. I would LOVE to go longer but I really can't pull DD out of school for any longer than that. We are not big fans of crowds or the heat so that means we always end up traveling when she is in school. I am dreading the day when we are not able to do that anymore.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-10-2008, 11:29 AM
We usually try to go for at least 7 nights. Our trip this December will be for 6 nights because we do not want the kids to miss more then 5 days of school.
We did 10 days in September. We had a wonderful trip but, we were really ready to go home by our last day. We usually don't feel that way. I think if we skipped a year instead of going every year like we do, 10 days would be great.:mickey:

elmjimmlm
05-10-2008, 01:01 PM
Usually 6 or 7 nights...I would like one year to go for 14 just so I dont feel so rushed...

BelleLovesTheBeast
05-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Most of the time we do 10 nights. However we've done 7 nights and for our honeymoon 12 nights. But 10 is our average.

hubbyofadisneyholic
05-10-2008, 01:53 PM
We normally do one trip of from 7 - 9 nites and sometimes are able to sneak in a 2nd shorter trip.
If my wife had more vacation time we would probably stay longer, but since she only gets 3 weeks we do what we can...:mickey:

disneylovinmom
05-10-2008, 02:01 PM
We stayed a week in December and it was plenty for us. We even had a day to rest. I think it probably makes a difference when you go and how the crowd levels are. You can get alot more done in a shorter amount of time when it is less crowded.:mickey:

barnaby
05-10-2008, 02:04 PM
We did Sunday to Saturday (7D/6N) our last trip. That worked pretty well. We basically lost a day in Saturday because we left at 9AM, but got in the afternoon the Sunday we arrived.

Bluesky481
05-10-2008, 03:03 PM
I've never stayed longer than 5 nights, but DH and I are planning our first 10 night trip. We're looking forward to having more time to take everything in without feeling as rushed as we have on our other trips.:mickey:

JenniferS.
05-10-2008, 05:31 PM
The time we went in 2006 we went from a Saturday-Saturday. Last year we went from a Friday-Saturday. It was much better because Saturdays seem to be the busiest travel days. We had to wait forever at the airport to get on a bus to Disney and then check-in at the hotel was horrible....huge line. This Sept. we are going from a Thursday-Saturday...so that is 9 nights, 10 days!!! We will be getting 7 1/2 days in the parks and the first half of day 1 will be travel and the last day will be travel. I would've went for a full 14 days, but hubby can't get 2 weeks off in a row. Anyway...sorry so long. lol!!

Coach48
05-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Never less than 5 nights but never more than 10.5nights is rushing things for me but 10 is perfect for multiple park visits and resort time.

Aggie97
05-10-2008, 09:40 PM
Almost all of our trips have been 10 days. We recently moved within easy driving distance of WDW (6.5 hours), so we have started taking more frequent, shorter trips. However, I still think 10 days is perfect! :mickey:

LandFan
05-10-2008, 09:49 PM
We find 7 or 8 nights perfect for us. 6 seems too short and 9 or longer gets us longing for our pets and home : )

katzctkpt
05-10-2008, 10:13 PM
First year we did 5 nights / 6 days (1/2 day) then left. Really was not enough time being our first trip. So, 2nd time around we did 6 nights/7 days being (1/2 day) it was a little better. I would recommend 7 nights/ 7 days. I would like to do 10 but, I think I'd be missing my 2 little house pets by then.

DISNEYLOVERS5
05-10-2008, 10:22 PM
the first time 5 nights
2nd time 5 nights
this time 8 nights yeah

little disney lovers
05-11-2008, 12:48 AM
We have booked for August / September for 23 nights. Is that too long? We are coming from Australia and probably won't make it back for a few years. We also want to do SW, KSC and Shop!
It did make my ADR easier having a longer time period to choose from.:mickey:

Coach48
05-11-2008, 07:15 AM
23 nights....Hope your bringing your 401k with you.

Bringonthemouse!
05-11-2008, 08:33 AM
Our first time around we stayed for 8 nights, 9 days. The last time we stayed 11 nights, 12 days, and will be staying for this length again. IMO, Disney is best enjoyed at a leisurely pace if you can afford the time off work. Myself and DD16 won't stay any less than 11 nights anymore, we've spoiled ourselves!

Checkers
05-11-2008, 09:29 AM
:mickey:We usually do 7-8 days but in Oct. we will be doing 10 days, 11 nights and it will be a Magical Gathering. We are all seasoned WDW visitors and want to enjoy the parks and our resorts at a leisurely pace.

biodtl
05-11-2008, 03:07 PM
We normally go for 7-8 days. I would LOVE to go longer but I really can't pull DD out of school for any longer than that. We are not big fans of crowds or the heat so that means we always end up traveling when she is in school. I am dreading the day when we are not able to do that anymore.

That's what we are facing for our next trip. This year will be the last where we take DS out of school (and I feel nervous about it this year), so from now on, it will be summers - ugh. My dream is to go for 2 weeks, so we can be more relaxed during the heat and crowds. I could probably swing it vacation-wise, but DH couldn't. I'd happily go with DS and DD for one week and have him meet us for the second week. If only we'd hit the powerball and could afford it!

Janmac
05-12-2008, 12:17 AM
We like to do 2 mornings each at Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and the Studios, one day at a water park and, if possible one non-park day, with most evenings eating our way around World Showcase at Epcot. We are not commando tourers, and like to take our time in the parks and all day, really.

So our trips are usually 8 or 9 nights altho last trip was 7 and the upcoming trip will be 10.

It seems that no matter how many days a trip is, we don't see everything we thought we would. We have a saying: We'll do that next time.

Enjoy!

Jan

princessjojo
05-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Never long enough IMO! But to be more specific, with regards to our last 3 trips, first: 7n/8d with noon departure; second: 8n/9d but our last day was a very early morning departure; our coming trip we have an 8:55arrival so we get a full day there and we have a 9:55pm departure so we have a full day on the end as well for a total of 9 full nights/10 full days. This will probably be as long as we make them at this point.

Taja
05-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Ten nights works well for me, as I have to schedule a travel day on each side of my WDW time. With the time difference, even leaving on the first flight out places us at WDW very late afternoon or early evening. With airfare becoming more expensive, a longer trip every year or two (or three!) makes more sense for me than shorter visits.

And I've found that with longer visits, I'm really ready to go home at the end! *LOL*

Disney Doll
05-12-2008, 02:57 PM
We usually go for 6 nights. I've always wanted a longer trip, but it's hard to get much more than a week off from work at one time.

Rella
05-12-2008, 08:16 PM
We have gone as short as 4 nights, and as long as 9 nights. This trip (September) we are going for 10 nights. I find that the longer we're there, the better the whole trip goes because we don't feel rushed to get everything in as quickly as possible. :mickey:

Mickey91
05-12-2008, 08:20 PM
We have gone for a weekend up to 9 nights. Hope we get to do a full two weeks sometime.

beksy
05-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Growing up our trips extended as the parks grew (and Dad's wallet un-tightened with Mom's urging! :thedolls:) so we started at 3 days only. Eventually on our last family trip we had 5days but that was before AK grew. My sis and I went for 9 days/9 nights in February which was wonderful but a 10th day would have been perfect. Next trip we're splurging and celebrating my 1/2 way point through law school so we'll be going 11 days with 1/2 day for travel! Can't wait! Here's crossing our fingers Mom can come too!:cloud9:

bruin1344
05-14-2008, 01:22 PM
if you go more than yearly prob 5-6 nights is sufficient unless you day trips off site