PDA

View Full Version : antenna toppers

mainemajor
05-09-2008, 09:13 PM
HELP! I have antenna toppers for all occasions and have loved changing them throughout the year, but now I have a problem. My new company car does not have an antenna, nor does my wife's new car. What can I do????? I still have a couple on display in my office, but thats just not the same. I'm really bummed out. Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance.

Nini
05-09-2008, 10:21 PM
I hang them from my rear-view mirror. My Ford Focus has an antenna, but it slants back low over the roof of the car, so putting them on the antenna wouldn't work.

At the craft store you can get these little screw thingies with an eye on them. Screw this into the antenna topper and then hang them with black stretchy nylon thread.

I believe both are available in the jewelry making section.

Edited to add:

Okay, I dug the stuff out, and the thread stuff is called elastic cording. Couldn't get a name for the screw/eye things though cause I've repackaged them, but if it helps they are about 5/8ths an inch long.

Denise :mickey:

goofiecrazy
05-09-2008, 11:11 PM
they make little stands for them.I am pretty sure i saw them on laughingplacedotcom.If they still have them i would call Disney merch number directly and see if they have them.

kakn7294
05-10-2008, 12:10 AM
I hang them from my rear-view mirror.Ditto that! I have one on my antenna and one hanging from my rear view mirror.

Young@Heart
05-10-2008, 01:34 AM
I like the mirror idea.
I hope the antenna toppers are readily available still at the parks. I can't get them in our Disney Store anymore. :(

Tinkerfreak
05-10-2008, 07:48 AM
I hang them from my rear-view mirror. My Ford Focus has an antenna, but it slants back low over the roof of the car, so putting them on the antenna wouldn't work.

At the craft store you can get these little screw thingies with an eye on them. Screw this into the antenna topper and then hang them with black stretchy nylon thread.

I believe both are available in the jewelry making section.

Edited to add:

Okay, I dug the stuff out, and the thread stuff is called elastic cording. Couldn't get a name for the screw/eye things though cause I've repackaged them, but if it helps they are about 5/8ths an inch long.

That sounds like a great idea. I am going to head to my craft store this afternoon.
Thanks!

mainemajor
05-10-2008, 10:01 AM
they make little stands for them.I am pretty sure i saw them on laughingplacedotcom.If they still have them i would call Disney merch number directly and see if they have them.

Thank you:mickey: These will serve me very well. I plan to set them up in my office and on the inside back window of my car. And they were inexpensive.

Thanks too for the tips about hanging from the mirror. This sounds like a perfect solution except I can personally can not stand to have anything hanging from my mirror.

PlutoToo
05-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Once upon a time (can you say swiss cheese for brains today?) I thought I saw where someone used a display rack meant for golf ball displays to show off their collection of antenna toppers? I think there were 3 shelves with rounded areas for each golf ball? Maybe this would work for the office?

mook3y
05-10-2008, 06:36 PM
I like the mirror idea.
I hope the antenna toppers are readily available still at the parks. I can't get them in our Disney Store anymore. :(

Oh they have a bunch of them still!

In fact a couple of shops (WL gift shop for sure had them) had a pack of 5 or 6 together for the holidays.. ie: Christmas, Easter, 4th of July, etc. I regret not getting those last year! Definately on our list for this year!

As far as original question, you could always get a cell phone antenna that attaches to the rear window - for the sole purpose of displaying your antenna ball!

beachezncream
05-11-2008, 10:32 AM
I got my first car a couple weeks ago :thumbsup: and i have a disney princess antenna topper on mine :party: ... I think ill be the only one in the student parking lot with one of those :cool:

I really like the rear view mirror idea , i had never thought of that.. we had that problem a few years ago about no antenna ... that would have been perfect.

NJ Camper
05-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Another option is to go to a auto parts store or maybe even walmart and either buy a cb antena or one of those cell phone type some are magnetic some have that sticky tape stuff so they stick to a window

Flower
05-15-2008, 10:26 AM
We had 2 vehicles that did not have antenneas and the cars bugged me for just that reason. I was SO excited when we bought our van and it had an antennae, but it bugs DH when he drives the van as he says it whistles.

Once upon a time (can you say swiss cheese for brains today?) I thought I saw where someone used a display rack meant for golf ball displays to show off their collection of antenna toppers? I think there were 3 shelves with rounded areas for each golf ball? Maybe this would work for the office?

I LOVE that idea...and I just saw those racks on sale too....I wonder if they still are?????

I have one of the small 4' cedar-type fake Christmas trees that I decorate as my Disney tree at Christmas (Actually it is sitting out in my craft room still!) Anyway, I use my antennae toppers all over the tree as decorations. Instead of hanging them by threads, I take the branches, curl them up, and shove the end of the branches up the holes of the topper. It works pretty well, but with the golf ball holder they could be displayed all the time......hummmmmmmmmmmm.....

Dragongirlx
05-15-2008, 10:53 AM
Think I might get one of thoses racks.

I have an antenna on my car but every time I put on one of the toppers it gets stolen :mad:

Short of trying to remember to remove them everytime I think I need to put them inside the car

Imagineer1981
05-29-2008, 12:52 PM
the shelves for golfballs works great...I got one for my wife and she loves it

GrumpyFan
09-02-2008, 06:54 PM
I made some racks for the sole purpose of displaying my Disney antenna toppers. If you're interested in what I did, please contact me via a PM.

Iluvpooh
09-02-2008, 07:04 PM
I love the Christmas tree idea-Thanks

DisneyCrazyET
09-06-2008, 03:18 PM
I have my pirates one velcroed to the dash. I don't like things hanging on the mirror either. I also have silver glitter Mickey head on the antenna. I just didn't want anyone helping themself to my pirates one.

DizNee143
09-09-2008, 02:48 PM

i know this is kinda old..
but i had two focus and i never had a problem putting the antenna tops on either of the two..you should give it a shot..it will work and your get to use them there! =)

Nini
09-13-2008, 10:41 PM
Maybe I should give it a try then! I just figured since my antenna wasn't "normal" it would look wierd. Hey, that gives me a reason to have to buy some new ones on our next trip!!!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-13-2008, 11:19 PM
When I had my Focus, it looked fine....until I wen over like 60 mph. Then the wind would cause the topper to hit against the roof of my car and made it very annoying.

DizNee143
09-16-2008, 02:17 PM
When I had my Focus, it looked fine....until I wen over like 60 mph. Then the wind would cause the topper to hit against the roof of my car and made it very annoying.

lol thats to funny!
that never happened to me though...

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-16-2008, 03:05 PM
The first time it happened, the sound made me freak out because I thought I had blown a tire or hit something cause it was "thunk-thunk-thunk-thunk."

Needless to say, I took it off my car.

Piglet822
09-16-2008, 03:20 PM
The first time it happened, the sound made me freak out because I thought I had blown a tire or hit something cause it was "thunk-thunk-thunk-thunk."

Needless to say, I took it off my car.

That happened to me on the Turnpike when I had my Corolla :blush:

Renfairwedding
09-30-2008, 09:04 AM
WATCH OUT!!!... :drive: The mirror idea is cool... but beware...

A police friend of mine loves to pull over people for obstructing the view of the windshield. Its a great excuse to pull a person over. He has busted many for expired tags, no insurance and many other violations.