PDA

View Full Version : ssr location help and ?

DestinationWDW
05-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Hi Everyone! We are proud new DVC owners :yay: and will be vacationing in October at SSR (1 bedroom). My Dad has booked a studio. A few questions: 1. Can my Dad and I have rooms near/next to each other since they are of different type? 2.What is a good location to ask about since we have 3 children and would like to be near the main pool? 3. My Dad is staying 4 nights and LOVES his coffee - will the initial supply packs be enough for each morning or should I bring him some? 4. Any other advice re: SSR as I know NOTHING about it.....except how great it is of course!:cloud9: Thanks everyone in advance for your help and advice! :cool::thanks:

sillyolbear
05-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Congratulations on your purchase!

I'm sure you can request adjourning rooms and I've found that they do at least try and accommodate as best they can.

If the main pool is important, The Springs would be the closest with Congress Park and The Grandstand being relatively close as well.

I'd bring some coffee as the in room supply is minimal.

Other advice--enjoy SSR. It is our favorite and if you are a fan of spa treatments my wife highly recommends SS spa.

wendy*darling
05-09-2008, 08:45 PM
:mickey: Welcome Home! :mickey:

I would bring coffee for the length of your stay (or purchase it in the gift shop/market). You will probably only get a set up for 1 or 2 days.

Is your dad using your points for his room, or paying cash?
If he is on your points- have you considered requesting a 2 bedroom lock-off unit?
It's less points than the 1br and studio separately and they are adjoining (meaning you can open the door between them to make a larger unit). The lock-off part means that the studio side has it's own entry door from the hallway as well. It is a regular studio with its own mini-kitchen.

(A dedicated 2 br is the same size, but does not have the 2nd entry door, or the mini-kitchen in the studio/2nd br side.)

Just a thought...

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Congratulations and Welcome Home!!:mickey:

Our home resort is SSR and we love it.:cloud9:
I agree with bringing your Dad coffee. Unless you want to buy it there.
We were in The Grandstand section for 10 days in September and it was the perfect location for us. Short walk to the main pool and the themed pool in that section was a big hit with my kids (10,8 and 4). That section is the first stop to be picked up and dropped off so, if you plan on using the buses that is a huge plus!

I hope you have a great stay in October!!

tjstrike
05-12-2008, 01:04 AM
SSR is also our home resort. We've stayed there 2 times so far, it's great. 1st trip we stayed at the springs, which is close to the main pool. The main complaint I had with the springs is the bus. 75% of the time it's crowded or already full by the time it gets to the springs. (Last stop). When we went in Feb.08 we stayed in congress park and I loved it. Had a great view of DTD which is awesome to watch and listen to after a long day at the parks !! Welcome home. :mickey:

JMTStone
05-12-2008, 07:38 AM
:welcome: HOME.

We HOME at SSR as well. We stayed in the Springs during Thanksgiving 2007 and had no issue from the buses. We loved the pool! You'll love it!