PDA

View Full Version : Halloween at the parks?

Gooftroop5
05-09-2008, 12:36 PM
Other than MNSSHP what goes on in the parks? I have looked so sorry if someone has asked this before. When I looked most ?s were about MNSSHP & the resorts.

It won't be this year(we will be there right after Thanksgiving this year) but in the next couple of years we are thinking about going to WDW over Halloween. Ds#1's b-day is Halloween. (dd is still trying to figure out if her brother is a trick or treat. Most days a trick.:D). Thought it could be fun but its not worth pulling 3 kids out of school for just MNSSHP. I know spending your birthday with Mickey is always a thrill we will actually be celebrating 3 b-days this year while we are there (dh's, dd's & mine)

I'm not worried about trick-or-treating either. (I'm sure the kids would disagree.;))

If we go next year to the following year dd will be 10-11, ds#1 will be 6-7 & ds#2 will be 5-6. I know things can change anything would be greatly appreciated.

CleveSJM
05-09-2008, 01:38 PM
Really, not much at all. Disney kinda hides the Halloween stuff until it's time for the MNSSHP. Maybe some topiaries are decorated. See some pumpkins and corn stalk type landscaping but not much at all. Only the MNSSHP gets MK tricked up for Halloween.

Other than some landscaping, you won't notice much at all the parks.

If your kids are doing ok in school I'm a big supporter of pulling them out for a couple days. Much more memorable, educational, cost effective, etc. You won't ever have that birthday again with the kids, make it super special if you can. :thumbsup:

FaithTrustPixieDust
05-09-2008, 02:33 PM
Epcot Food and Wine Festival is going on during that time. You might not want to take the kiddos to a wine tasting . . . but there are also snack carts around the world showcase featuring food and wine from countries not normally represented.