PDA

View Full Version : what time of day

motherhamv
05-09-2008, 11:38 AM
I was just thinking of our upcoming trip.

Do you like to go downtown in the morning, afternoon, or evening??

I was thinking that seeing the lights in the evening would be nice, but I don't want them to be distracted by PI.

RockinRollerMom
05-09-2008, 11:48 AM
We always go to DTD in the evening. You have to walk all the way throug the marketplace to get to PI, so unless you are going to the West Side you will be all set. I know the market place is less crowded in the mornings but I just love being in DTD in the evening, it is so beautiful. We often book a TS meal and make a nice night of it.

The only thing that I will not do again, is go to Disney quest on a friday evening. I did not like walking through PI with DD7 on a friday night at all. Too much of a party atmosphere for a child.

wendy*darling
05-09-2008, 08:35 PM
We like DTD in the morning for the lighter crowds- and the evening for the lights and fun atmosphere.

And as the previous poster said- you really are not at all affected by PI unless you walk through it to the West Side. If you are just in the Markerplace- you won't have any issues.

tinksmom02
05-09-2008, 08:57 PM
We generally do two trips to DTD (what can I say I love shopping!). Typically they are evening visits, it's nice to be there at night, but can get crowded! Last trip we made a daytime trip for DD5 to have her BBB makeover, and me to do all the shopping I'd held off on all week. What a difference! Much lighter crowds.

mainemajor
05-09-2008, 09:02 PM
We like the evenings much better. There seems to be more music, activity, action and of course lights. If we just want to shop we either go moring or mid afternoon. One thing to think about is why you are going to DTD. It is like two different world, or as they say the difference is night and day.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-09-2008, 09:59 PM
It seems like the afternoon is usually quieter but the atmosphere is more fun at night.