PDA

View Full Version : AAA or Not?

jeddalynn
05-09-2008, 10:12 AM
I was chatting with a CM at Epcot last week about crowds and vacation deals etc. and he told me to check out AAA because they were authorized to give deals for disney trips. Does anyone use AAA for this and is it worth it?

RockinRollerMom
05-09-2008, 10:35 AM
I used AAA when booking my last trip and for 2 adults 1child at a Mod resort they saved me about $250 from the Disney quoted price. You should also check into Magical Journeys. I haven't used them myself, but others on these boards rave about the savings and service.

Good Luck!

elmjimmlm
05-09-2008, 10:37 AM
We have used AAA this past year and we saved about 200.00 on our room...There are so many savings that AAA offers for Disney...
You get vouchers for water craft rentals, vouchers for DtD restaurants, a Diamond card that you can use at DtD stores...:thumbsup:

Strmchsr
05-09-2008, 11:03 AM
The AAA package is great for when Disney is not offering a public discount. When Disney is offering a public discount it is usually better than AAA. You can also check out the AAA room only discount. You can get that through Magical Journeys as well. They can't do the package, but can do the room only. Also, getting a Disney Visa will get you similar discounts/savings as AAA. It really depends on when you're going as to whether they are worth it or not.

GoofysGirl
05-09-2008, 03:15 PM
We are going the week of Thanksgiving - when I doubt there would be any special offers - and are saving about $250 on the package. We are getting 2 rooms at ASM and the dinner package for a family of 5. Every bit helps!:mickey:

Figment104
05-14-2008, 12:52 PM
I've used them to book my last three trips and every time I've gotten great deals. I think they're saving me about $350 - 400 on my upcoming trip. On avg they will usually be able to save you at least 10% on the package price sometimes more depending on when you're going, plus you get some extra goodies as a PP mentioned.

CleveRocks
05-15-2008, 07:58 AM
There are 2 ways to get an AAA discount.

If you book a room-only reservation, then you can book through whomever you want.

If you book a package, then you must book through AAA itself to get the AAA discount.

It's also important to realize that the AAA discount is not a sure thing. It's not like redeeming a coupon. DIsney only allows the AAA discount when room occupancy is below a certain level. Once room occupancy (for each type of room at each resort for each date) reaches that super secret percentage, the AAA discount is no longer available no matter how you try to book it. DIsney figures that if rooms are selling well enough, then they no longer need to offer discounts to rent more of them out.

MNMS
05-15-2008, 08:10 AM
We use AAA frequently when we book room only. This Oct./Nov. 2008 we will save approximately 15% ($25) per night at POFQ. We'll then monitor to see if public/general discounts or AP discounts are any better.

KevMcNJ
05-15-2008, 10:59 PM
we used AAA to set up our January 2008 trip

I walked into our local AAA office on a Saturday last November , 30 minutes later I walked out with everything taken care of

All the neccesary docs arrived in the mail afew weeks later and we drove down in January and verything was set up lkie they said it would be

no muss no fuss

we will use AAA again this Fall to set up our next trip to The Mouse

Price seemed very reasonable

I was expecting to spend over $1500 for the two of us and it was under $900

Young@Heart
05-15-2008, 11:21 PM
Other than first trip (booked through WDW site), we've used AAA. We've always had a great experience, and find that we're able to save quite a bit of money. I know we saved at least $300 toward this trip. :mickey:

rookie
05-16-2008, 08:06 AM
Our first trip we used Magical Journeys and originally booked a room only AAA discount. Magically later i got an email from Melissa telling me my rate was even lower. If not doing a AAA package there is no reason not to have MJ do the work for you that way you are assured of getting the best rate possible.:number1:

psugoofy
05-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Hello, First time poster so I hope this is at the right spot.

Based on the preceding posts, am I correct to assume that if my family is planning a trip May 09 and we want the DDP that a AAA package is probably the cheapest option?

BMan62
05-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Hello, First time poster so I hope this is at the right spot.

Based on the preceding posts, am I correct to assume that if my family is planning a trip May 09 and we want the DDP that a AAA package is probably the cheapest option?

Not necessarily. You may find that Disney releases a public discount for that time frame that would be less expensive than the AAA package.

In mid-February this year Disney started releasing discounts for the April/May travel periods - you can do a little research here on Intercot to determine what these discounts are/were. then you can determine if you could get a better rate through a AAA package.

SFTrny
05-16-2008, 08:45 PM
We booked our trip directly with Disney and asked for the AAA discount. It was just as good as booking a package through AAA. I don't think you have to book through AAA to get the AAA discount.

CleveRocks
05-17-2008, 04:07 AM
I don't think you have to book through AAA to get the AAA discount. Please see below:
There are 2 ways to get an AAA discount.

If you book a room-only reservation, then you can book through whomever you want.

If you book a package, then you must book through AAA itself to get the AAA discount.