PDA

View Full Version : Mnsshp

little disney lovers
05-09-2008, 08:54 AM
Hi All, Have finally booked our trip for Aug-Sept. We have booked tickets to the MNSSHP, We don't really celebrate Halloween much in Australia. I'm wondering what to organise. Obviously costumes for DD5 and DD7, but what about DH and I? Also, trick or treating? Do we bring a bucket/bag? Do we take treats for others? Do we pay for our DD's treats? And lastly, will there be photo's that can be added to the photopass?
Ooooh, It's so nice to be planning after such a long wait!:mickey:

arielshouse
05-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Hi!! In response to your question first about costumes for you and yours, we went to it last year and most of the adults did dress up I think it adds to the fun!! We pack a bag with our costumes in it and put in a locker until time!! Second they supply you with treat bags when you go to get your arm band for the party!! You do not have to buy the treats they have stations set up all around MK that you go and hunt out!! They have GOOFY"S Candy Co. balloons above the stations!! They give you a list of all the candy spots, dance parties, and shows and the villains meet and greet on the map!! Hope that helps!! :mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
05-09-2008, 09:14 AM
You can bring costumes and bags if you want but they will have some there for you. There are places to trick or treat and you and your husband can participate as well. I recommend costumes for you too because it was so much fun to wear them when I went.

There are several PhotoPass locations set up throughout the night, as well as ones with the characters in their Halloween costumes.

NJGIRL
05-09-2008, 10:10 AM
The party is alot of fun. My husband and myself do not dress up but my son and nephew have before and may this time also. I wouldn't worry about bringing bags or buckets because they hand them out there and it will be less things you have to pack. We go the first night we arrive and usually get enough candy to last us the whole week!

wendy*darling
05-09-2008, 08:02 PM
A map (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/halloween/images/06map.jpg)of the party, and more (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/halloween/default.asp)information, can be found right here on INTERCOT!

little disney lovers
05-09-2008, 08:50 PM
What a quick response, You guys are fantastic!
Thanks for the information, that will make my planning and packing much easier! DD's are so excited, I told them they could pick out a new costume each when we get there (or BBB?), I think DH and I might just do a villian hat and cape or something not too over the top. Also coming from Australia, we can't have too much luggage. Any suggestions?

BelleLovesTheBeast
05-10-2008, 02:10 PM
What a quick response, You guys are fantastic!
Thanks for the information, that will make my planning and packing much easier! DD's are so excited, I told them they could pick out a new costume each when we get there (or BBB?), I think DH and I might just do a villian hat and cape or something not too over the top. Also coming from Australia, we can't have too much luggage. Any suggestions?

We take one suitcase that is empty so that we can buy stuff to bring back. We usually get t-shirts and wear them while we are there. That way we can back fewer items of clothes. I also pack just enough of personal items that I can throw away the bottles at the end of the trip. One less thing to bring back.

As for adult costumes - last year we bought a couple of items there to wear. I got a I Love Jack t-shirt, medallion necklace and a pirate headband to wear. My DH purchased a pirate hat and we wore those.

little disney lovers
05-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Thanks for your idea's. I normally bring 8 suitcases over (2 each for our family of 4), and only 1 of them is full. I like to do some serious shopping over there, I think a couple of t's and a hat will be a good idea for DH and I. Doesn't take up too much of my precious shopping space and make great souveniars. :mickey: