PDA

View Full Version : Jan/Feb 2009.......

r4kids
05-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Ok so here's the deal, we were planning a trip to Italy for 2 weeks in May 2009. Well due to the Euro and gas, food, etc prices we have decided to wait another year.We were struggling to save for this trip too. Anyway we decided to go to Disney Jan/Feb to hit the pirate/princess party. I looked on the historical discount dates and it just says public discounts released. What are they? Upgraded tickets, free dining, what? I can't remember.... Please help I also need to convince my SIL to go in Jan/Feb instead of free dining in Sept. Thanks :mickey:

r4kids
05-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Maybe my question was too long. What have you, in the past, had as a discount for Jan/Feb. Anything.........

Nini
05-09-2008, 09:09 PM
I went in early Feb. '05 and '06. From what I remember the discounts were general "room only" and "package" discounts. Since I had annual passes both years we got the "room only" discount and it ended up being a good deal.

We are planning a trip for next Jan., and I won't have an annual pass but I'm expecting that general package discounts will again be released for this time.

Denise :mickey:

Nini
05-09-2008, 11:14 PM
Ok, I dug out my information, and this is what I found:

In Feb. '06 (value season) we paid $115 per night for a water view room at POR with our discount. Now I don't know what the rack rate was for that time last year, but for this year it was $165 per night. Pretty good savings.

Hope this has helped...
Denise :mickey:

r4kids
05-10-2008, 09:27 AM
Thank you so much for doing that. It really helps in figuring out a total for the trip. We were looking at AK or Wilderness Lodge. We ususally stay in values and thought maybe upgrading would be nice this time.

On a side note I see your from N Syracuse. I was born and my parents were raised in Syracuse. We still have family up there. It's a small world :mickey:

faline
05-10-2008, 03:35 PM
Here's (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=119150&highlight=discount+january) information on a discount Disney was offering for that time frame this year.

Jenemmy
05-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Last January, we got the free hopper upgrade on the passes as well as the water park and more option for free :mickey:

r4kids
05-10-2008, 09:06 PM
Ohhh goody, I was hoping this is what it would be. We are soooo excited :mickey: I hope it is the same this year!!!!