PDA

View Full Version : Best Moderate for Convenience?

jeddalynn
05-08-2008, 10:15 PM
What is the best moderate resort for the sake of getting around to the various parks with ease? Disney transit is great, but I think a central location would make things a bit easier. Any suggestions?

disneydeb
05-08-2008, 10:21 PM
POFQ and POR are about equal distance to most parks. Does that answer your question?

crltkcagle
05-08-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm not the OP but that makes me happy because we are staying there on our upcoming trip. YEAH!

Piglet822
05-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Actually, if you were to look at a map of WDW the Epcot resorts are more centrally located, IMO. (I'm not including DD as a park)
Keep in mind that the property is broken up into 4 separate sections, MK, AK, Downtown Disney, and Epcot resort areas.

Kairi_7378
05-08-2008, 10:59 PM
POR and POFQ are about equidistant from MK, Epcot, and MGM as far as the buses go. AK is a little further away. The boat to and from DTD is a convenient feature as well.

buzz2001
05-09-2008, 05:34 AM
CSR has terrific transportation! It doesn't share with any other resort (like POR / POFQ) and it only has 4 bus stops within the resort (vs 7 at CBR). And since CSR is centrally located, you'll have a quick ride to all the parks. And being a convention resort, the buses seem less crowded because guests are busy with their conventions.

CSR is the most central to the 3 parks. The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World in part three "Selecting your Hotel" it states that the commuting times to the parks from CSR are: 7:30 to MK; 4:00 to Epcot; 4:45 to MGM; and 4:45 to Animal Kingdom! As a comparison from POR it is 12:00 to MK; 8:00 to Epcot; 12:30 to MGM; and 16:15 to AK. See the map below.

http://i29.tinypic.com/281c844.jpg

badllamamama
05-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Definitely Coronado Springs. It seems because of its location, it has quick rides to all the parks. And since it doesn't share buses or is smaller than CBR, it's has some of the best transportation I've experience.

elmjimmlm
05-09-2008, 09:16 AM
I think that the transportation for POR is great...I think with any resort because of the distance between parks you are going to have long rides to some parks and not others...We love POR for its grounds and atmosphere...:mickey:

jeddalynn
05-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Thanks for all the replies! I just got back from disney world yesterday and was so down, I was starting to plan my next trip in the airport:(

Right now I'm thinking CSR sounds good but I'll definately look into POR as well.

Gator
05-09-2008, 03:19 PM
Don't do the POR for convenience. It's not. It's the least convenient of all of them. CB is convenient (although it has a lot of bus stops in the resort), but CS is by far the best. With 4 bus stops and its proximity to AK, DS, and Epcot, you can't beat it.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
05-09-2008, 03:57 PM
I have stayed at all the mods and POFQ is the most convienent. It is the smallest and easiest to navigate and the boat to DTD is the best. The CSR is awsome and the transportation is good but more spread out and do no even try to go to the food court for breakfast if there is a convention there. CSR has an awsome pool. CB is too big and spread out, but beautiful. The bus service is pretty good but it seems like a mile to the food court or store unless you get lucky on your room assignment. As far as the bus service for POFQ sharing a bus with POR it is true. There are 4 ar POR and 1 at POFQ for a total of 5. I believe there are 4-5 at CSR and 4-5 at CBR so I don't understand the whole sharing a bus argument. However, it doesn't take any longer on the buses PO than at the other mods. Every mod has pros and cons weigh them and choose what works for you!

nikki'smom
05-10-2008, 07:52 AM
Definitely Coronado Springs. It seems because of its location, it has quick rides to all the parks. And since it doesn't share buses or is smaller than CBR, it's has some of the best transportation I've experience.I agree, CSR is the most centrally located moderate and has the best transportation of them all. CSR only has 4 bus stops and CBR has 7.

POFQ shares with POR and makes for some nightmare trips leaving resorts at night because its shared. You may have to wait through 4 or 5 bus loads before you actually get on a bus. And you will stand alot.

MNMS
05-11-2008, 09:55 PM
We've stayed at all of them and like POFQ the best and CSR secodn best. POFQ becuaes of the small size of the resort -- nearly any room is close to the main lobby, the gift shop, the pool and the dining area. The boat transportation to DD is also nice. Also, on the buses, POFQ does NOT ALWAYS share with POR. We find at night they the buses are never shares POFQ has its own buss as does POR. Very often the share in the morning, but POFQ is first -- so the bus ride is a little longer, but you'll always get a seat. At night, POFQ is the first stop so it is shorter.