PDA

View Full Version : Dec. 7th --- what's going on?

Sunshine1010
05-08-2008, 07:03 PM
A Members rep stated that all (studios, 1-2-3 bdrm) of OKW and SSR (studios, 1-2-3 bdrm) were completely booked for this particular day (Dec. 7th, Sunday)...

Anything big going on that weekend?

disneydeb
05-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Well, I'll let you in on a little secret.... people are arriving for the Just Questions meet about that time. But I really didn't think we would have THAT much of an impact.:D

Sunshine1010
05-08-2008, 10:48 PM
Just Questions?

The rep also stated that it could be because of the taping of the Christmas parade that weekend.

BUT --- two reps have told me that they've NEVER seen SSR booked completely.

I'm glad I got my room booked (SSR) early.

meldan98
05-08-2008, 11:09 PM
It could be Pop Warner.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-10-2008, 11:36 AM
We are arriving at SSR on the 7th, one bedroom. We only picked that date to avoid the Thanksgiving rush and to avoid the Friday/Saturday extra points nights.
I wouldn't think those rooms being booked would have anything to do with Pop Warner as they usually stay in Values I think. Someone correct me please if I am wrong. I will seriously rethink our vacation if lots of Pop Warner people are at SSR!
I know that the first week of December and the Xmas holiday season are big DVC times.

I went this past December (17th-19th) and SSR was completely booked then. The only DVC resort I was able to get was BWV.

Just my thoughts. I am glad I booked our stay at our 11 month window!:)

Gator
05-11-2008, 05:48 PM
For the past 3 quarter, they've been offering great deals at OKW and SSR. They may be holding them again for this very reason. Discounts for this time of year typically come out around mid-August. You'll need some patience on this one.