PDA

View Full Version : OKW laundry

Sunshine1010
05-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Are the laundry facilities (I think they are near each pool) free of charge?....or do they charge you to use the washer and dryer? If so, how much?

Maleficent's Dad
05-08-2008, 10:09 PM
The laundry facilities are OKW are free of charge, and yes, they are located adjacent to all pools. The machines look like the coin operated version; you just skip the money part - push the levers in and wash away.

In accomodations of 1BR and larger, you will have laundry facilities in your room.

Sunshine1010
05-08-2008, 10:49 PM
One more question: do all DVC resorts have free laundry services?...or is it just OKW?

I've only done laundry at two resorts (CBR and POLY), and they both charged,...but, they were not DVC resorts.

castlelady36
05-09-2008, 09:47 AM
If you are staying at any of the DVC resorts and you are in the 1 bedroom or higher the laundry facilities are in your villa.

Maleficent's Dad
05-09-2008, 11:23 AM
One more question: do all DVC resorts have free laundry services?...or is it just OKW?
Yes they do.
In all DVC buildings, there is free laundry at the laundry rooms. They all appear the same as the coin operated ones - you just don't have to deposit the coins! :thumbsup:

VWL has it on the first floor - in the wing closer to the quiet pool.

BWV has it on the lowest level very close to the main pool (inside the main building).

BCV - I forget... :scratch: But I think the machines are in the middle of the building, something like the third floor, but I could be wrong.

SSR and OKW are near the pools in a laundry room.

Sunshine1010
05-09-2008, 11:37 AM
What a great perk. One of the things I like about getting a 1 bdrm is the washer/dryer. Makes for a very easy vacation. I get back from the parks at night, throw in a load, and before I go to bed, I put them in the dryer, ....then when I wake up, I run it for about 5 minutes....and we're done!

But --- it sure is nice to know that I can stay at a studio (haven't done that yet), and get free access.

That's awesome!