PDA

View Full Version : Taxi vs. car service

RockChalkKimball
05-08-2008, 03:18 PM
I will be coming down in July to attend a conference near WDW. I will staying at POP and the conference is at the Marriott World Center. Does anyone know if there is a car service that will take me there and back each day? Would it be cheaper than a taxi?

I was in Orlando a few weeks ago at another site. The front desk at the hotel (not WDW) told us that they could get us taxi to the airport that would be much cheaper than a car service. WRONG! It was about $20.00 higher. I am using ME to get to and from the airport, but am looking for the most economical way to get around once I get there.

Any ideas?

mook3y
05-08-2008, 05:49 PM
I will be coming down in July to attend a conference near WDW. I will staying at POP and the conference is at the Marriott World Center. Does anyone know if there is a car service that will take me there and back each day? Would it be cheaper than a taxi?

I was in Orlando a few weeks ago at another site. The front desk at the hotel (not WDW) told us that they could get us taxi to the airport that would be much cheaper than a car service. WRONG! It was about $20.00 higher. I am using ME to get to and from the airport, but am looking for the most economical way to get around once I get there.

Any ideas?

How about renting an economy car for the days you are there?

KAT1811
05-08-2008, 06:19 PM
I have found the taxi service and car companies to be very competative in the Orlando area. If you call guest services at Pop they should be able to tell you the approximate fare to/from the MWC. Then I would call a few car companies and see what their prices are and if they would offer a price break for the repeat service.

John
05-08-2008, 08:31 PM
May I recommend our transportation sponsor - Quicksilver Tours & Transportation....

Their link is under ICOT SPONSORS on the left side of this page.

<<=========

:mickey:

RockChalkKimball
05-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Thanks everyone for the responses. All good ideas. I looked at Quiksilver's site, but it didn't specify that kind of service. I may give them a call and see what they can do for me. Thanks all! TK

Piglet822
05-08-2008, 10:38 PM
How big is the conference? Many times transportation is provided by the company hosting the conference in the form of shuttle buses. Is this a possibility?