PDA

View Full Version : Other Orlando activitie?

minnie-mouse
05-08-2008, 03:00 PM
We are looking for something to do one day in Orlando outside of the parks and Disney. We are looking for something fun for 2-5 year olds and grandparents to enjoy also. We were thinking Sea World, but it is so pricey. Any ideas?

Kenny1113
05-08-2008, 07:52 PM
About 7 years ago my Dad and his wife took my son to a petting farm in kissimmee and he loved it. I don't know if it is still there or where it is. Just an idea... couldn't be that $$$$.

Altair
05-08-2008, 08:05 PM
About 7 years ago my Dad and his wife took my son to a petting farm in kissimmee and he loved it. I don't know if it is still there or where it is. Just an idea... couldn't be that $$$$.

It's called Green Meadows Petting Farm and it is still there. The cost is not cheap at $19 per person.

jsw123
05-10-2008, 10:03 PM
My husband and I were quite impressed by Gatorland a few years ago. We're taking our (now) 4-year-old daughter and her cousins (4-7 years) there in June. It bills itself as the perfect half-day park. It's fun and laid back. Coupons are available on its website. We're going to Sea World, too. It is expensive, but if you buy on the web site you get two days for around $60pp. If you love animals, it's wonderful! Every bit the park as DIsney. (Which we did in style last year!!!):mickey:

PhilHarHarMagic
05-10-2008, 10:15 PM
If you have a car, a trip to Cocoa beach is fun and cheap - that is, if you don't have a beach in your backyard when you are at home :car::shark:

andreallybadeggs
05-11-2008, 11:14 AM
Assuming you have the transportation, I second the vote for time at the beach. Theme park vacations can wear you out and it's really therapeutic to take a low key, sleep in later then head for some waves day. Otherwise, perhaps a morning ride on an airboat and then spend the afternoon by the pool (or at one of the outlet malls for the shoppers in the group!)

minnie-mouse
05-13-2008, 12:21 PM
Thanks everyone. The beach would be great, but too far. We are just looking for some place to maybe spend half a day, definitely close to WDW.

tinklover
05-13-2008, 02:34 PM
yeah we also are going down in june we are leaving 2 days before we are to check in to pop. arriving on firday we are going to stay at cocoa beach and do the beach thing the other 7 members of our group is leaving later then we are so we should be there by thursday evening and then sat afternoon leave there and go check in to pop. probably just hang around the pool or go check out downtown disney. I wanted to do seaworld or gatorland but some of teh members want to see florida's crystal blue water.

mdhiggin
05-13-2008, 02:43 PM
If you're in the city of Orlando, try International Drive. The FAO Schwarz toy store is really cool and costs nothing to look at all the neat displays and toys. The Wonderworks place looks neat to. The building is upside down, and I think it's some kind of interactive museum, but I'm not sure I haven't been inside. This one costs admission. 14.95 for kids.