PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan 1st timer????

disneyjo46
05-08-2008, 11:46 AM
This is the first time we will be using the dining plan. Can I use my counter service meal for breakfast at my resort's food court? We are staying at All Star Movies. Thanks for any input. You guys are great!!

Figment!
05-08-2008, 01:23 PM
You certainly can, although it would not be the most cost effective use of your credits.

Breakfast meals on average cost significantly less than Lunch or Dinner meals. As Guests on the Dining Plan have "pre-paid" their meals, they can get the most bang-for-their-buck by redeeming their credits for the higher regularly priced meals.

Many Guests find that the Disney Resort food courts offer a number of items redeemable for 1 snack credit that suffice for a quick breakfast prior to heading out to the parks.

disneyjo46
05-08-2008, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the info. I guess it just depends if you want a big breakfast or a big lunch.

mook3y
05-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the info. I guess it just depends if you want a big breakfast or a big lunch.

Consider this too....

The meals are so large, that sometimes my wife and I split a meal. This way we can use 1 credit for breakfast and one for lunch.

Except for the land pavillion LOL we both love the choices there and are not willing to share a meal there!

RockinRollerMom
05-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Consider this too....

The meals are so large, that sometimes my wife and I split a meal. This way we can use 1 credit for breakfast and one from lunch.

DH and I often do this too. Many CS locations have an extensive topping bar. We will get a sandwich or Double cheeseburger meal, cut it in half than load it up with toppings.

Make sure you do your research about your TS locations. There are many great ones to choose from. I love a lot of the TS meals at different resorts. It is a lot of fun to check out the other resorts and enjoy a great meal in the process.

dyin tago
05-09-2008, 11:02 AM
so many people on the free dining plan only eat at certain places to get best value from their credits rather than having what they would enjoy most. remember,the food is free.
we are going in september for 3rd year in a row. first time with our son(boy we saved on food that time!)
the last trip wife and I did jiko and narcoosees (both 2 credit signatures) and did a couple counter meals the other nights for dinner. that way we had two fabulous meals and did not have to rush to a reservation on the 2 counter suppers! por riverside has a delicious rotisserie chicken dinner and we ate out on the deck overlooking the river. you can even buy a little bottle of wine to share if you like!