PDA

View Full Version : WL - Were we Lucky with the room we got?

Bohms4
05-08-2008, 10:09 AM
I meant to ask this right when we got back a few weeks ago but I forgot.
We paid for a Woods View room but wound up with room 4061. We were facing the courtyard of the WL pool (not villas) but we were literally the first room facing the courtyard (we faced right where the stream starts). It was beautiful. I was thinking maybe they consider that Woods View b/c you can't actually see the pool? Not sure, but we were VERY happy. :cool:

KylesMom
05-08-2008, 10:15 AM
Nope, that's a Courtyard View room. You were upgraded! Congrats! :mickey:

Bohms4
05-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Really? That's awesome!

I'm surprised - I would have thought the CM would have told me when we checked in!!

The only bad thing that happened was that our room wasn't ready when we checked in so we went to the pool and then called that number a couple hours later and they gave us the room # and said the room was ready. When we went up to the room it was never cleaned...beds were unmade....towels everywhere, garbage, etc. We called housekeeping and they told us that the CM shouldn't have told us that it was ready. So we went back to the pool for another hour and then it was cleaned. Minor hiccup...

wdw_bound
05-08-2008, 08:26 PM
From your balcony, could you see the patio of the main lobby? That was the room we had last December, and it was booked as a Courtyard. It was perfect for us - I actually preferred not seeing the pool, as it made it even more resort like. I loved sitting on the balcony - as you can tell:

http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=121709
http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=121767
http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=121933

The peace of the balcony is the perfect way to recharge before and after the parks!

Congrats on getting lucky with your room assignment!:number1:

Bohms4
05-08-2008, 11:12 PM
WDW Bound - YES!!! We could see the patio of the main lobby! It was such a wonderful spot. I just read your posts and you describe it so well. I, too, watched the ducks, bunnies and birds while sitting on the balcony and also wondered why more people weren't doing the same thing! We're you on the 4th floor as well?

Figment104
05-14-2008, 12:29 PM
The first time DH (then DBF) and I stayed at WL we were upgraded from a starndard view to the main courtyard view except further down so we were able to see the view. It truly is the most relaxing place to sit and just take in everything that is going on around you. The only problem is that now that we were upgraded the first time I now runied for any other view and have to pay more and book a courtyard view room.

For our honeymoon we were actually on the little area that looks straight out towards Bay Lake right before the area where you were. I think there's only about 4 rooms or so on each side and it was just wonderful being able to look straight out and see the pool, gyser (sp) and Bay Lake beyond. :cloud9: We have the best video of the water parade taken from our balcony.

Congrats on being upgraded!:mickey:

Figment104
05-14-2008, 12:31 PM
Also WDW_Bound I just have to say that your trip reports were wonderful. I took some time to read them during my lunch and it just took me back to the WL. This year we're staying at the POLY and I know we'll love it but I know I'm going to miss all those things that you described from the WL.

Thanks for sharing them!

disney-john
05-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Congrats on the upgrade! A little tip when checking-in and it does not matter on the resort: Ask the cast member if there are any free upgrades available. Keep in mind this is subject to availability but I have received an upgraded room almost every time at no additional cost!