PDA

View Full Version : Best Resort?

beachezncream
05-08-2008, 08:30 AM
In your opinion, which of the Resorts on Disney Property is the best?

My family and I love Disney's Beach Club:thumbsup:... its easy access to EPCOT, we love to be able to have a late night in the park and just walk home after the fireworks =]

so what about you? whats your favorite and why?

maybe we can help someone trying to choose the right one for their family for their trip =]

slegrant
05-08-2008, 09:10 AM
We have an RV so Fort Wilderness is our favorite, but outside of camping My favorite is the Wilderness Lodge, the atmosphere is fantastic and we like the boat ride over to the MK. I asked my wife and three sons this same question after I read it an their answers follow:

DS 6-Wilderness Lodge
DS 11- Contemporary- Love the Monorail
DS 13- Animal Kingdom Lodge

My wife- Grand Floridian

All the resorts are great!:mickey3:

Septbride2002
05-08-2008, 09:27 AM
For us the best resort is Boardwalk - we love it here. We floundered around for awhile trying to find our "home" and bought BWV for DVC without ever seeing it - and we love it! The perfect location with walking distance to Epcot and MGM, love the lake, love being close to the Beach Club, love the food and just the general atmosphere.

~Amanda

#1donaldfan
05-08-2008, 09:32 AM
I wonder how long this thread will hang on??

I think every resort will be accounted for with this Q.....

We like POR Riverside.....we like the calm relaxing, no rush kinda feel......there are many other things we like about it, but those are the biggest.....

I do think all the resorts are great in their own special ways, and it takes 'em all to appeal to each and every one of us.......
....great question ...... :cool:

laprana
05-08-2008, 09:53 AM
My absolute favorite is the Poly! It's the first WDW resort my family stayed at and it definitely stuck! Admittedly, though, I've only stayed at 2 onsite resorts - Poly and WL - but I hope to experience others over the years. But, at least right now, the Poly is my favorite place on earth! So peaceful, calm, and relaxing...the grounds are beautiful with lush tropical landscaping. The lobby is breathtaking, the rooms are spacious and comfortable, the shops and restaurants are great...I love everything about it! And there's nothing better than hopping right on the monorail and heading to MK! I loved WL and although I've never stayed in the others, we've visited almost all of them. I really enjoyed BC, BW, AKL, CR, and POR/POFQ. But, I'm not sure if any of them can replace the Poly at the top of my list! :lei:

MickeyMousse
05-08-2008, 09:53 AM
The Yacht Club, hands down!:thumbsup:

The Beach Club and Boardwalk run a real tight second and third!!!!

TKDONALD
05-08-2008, 10:25 AM
The Poly Is The Best!!!!! That Was My First Disney Resort I Have Ever Stayed In With My Family. Every Trip We Make My Family Has To Stop And See The Resort And Have Dinner Or Breakfast There. I Cant Wait To Stay There Again.

JoDisney
05-08-2008, 12:18 PM
MickeyMouse, I see you choose YC. I, also, see you stayed at AKL. So, obviously, you liked YC over AKL. Could you say why? I have never been to YC, but have been to BC. Thanks.

jenperich
05-08-2008, 12:38 PM
I think my favorite is POR. However, I'm hoping to convince my fiance to go back to Disney for our 1-yr ann. and I really would like to stay at Wilderness Lodge. He proposed in Disney back in November and we just love that time of year at Disney, so here's hoping!

bruin1344
05-08-2008, 01:14 PM
beach club because of the location and the theming, never stayed at mk resorts other than fort wilderness, just visited them

Gator
05-10-2008, 05:18 PM
I've never stayed there, but Boardwalk has to be the best. It has large rooms, you can walk to Epcot, boat to MGM, it has a really cool pool, a small downtown area, and my favorite theming. One day, I'll make enough to stay there.

ibrowse17
05-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Ft. Wilderness would be our favorite, followed by the Wilderness Lodge:thumbsup:

KineGirl
05-10-2008, 06:12 PM
I think Ive stayed at all the deluxes (other than WL) at this point but my fave is AKV with the SV. I absolutely love the theming of this resort. It is totally a vacation within a vacation and completely unlike any other resort. My family is one that loves different cultures, cuisines and museums so its all encompassing for us -

the authentic African artwork throughout the resort (they even have a daily tour)

Jikos, Jikos, Jikos!!!!

the African CM who greets you at the door in the beautiful dashiki and exquisitely carved staff

the amazing Igbo Ijele mask in the lobby (the only one outside of Africa) - not to mention the lobby itself is cleverly designed to have so many intimate sitting areas and sooooo beautiful!!!!

the large fire pit is exquisite and beyond perfect for relaxing or having a cocktail

seeing the beautiful savannah & animals right off your balcony (dont feed the birds!!!)- no other resort has a comparable view IMO except maybe the night time view of MK at the Contemporary.

the totally unique gift shops which features and sells many original African artwork including Harmony Kingdom boxes, paintings, etc..

the ambiance & decor of the rooms itself. While it was the first time I stayed in a more hotel type room (before the villas were available) and were much smaller space wise than Im accustomed to in the villas, they had more of a cozy rather than small feel. It had almost a womblike feel (hope that doesnt sound too crazy :D) and made me feel very much at relaxed.

Im sure there are more highlights but those are the big ones for me!

:elephant::deer2::paw::chicken::wave:

JuicyMoose17
05-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Animal Kingdom!

SgtTigger
05-10-2008, 07:54 PM
I do love the Wilderness Lodge and bought into the Villas at Wilderness Lodge so that is my best.....

With that said I really have been enjoying time at the Beach Club.
We must do Beaches and Cream every trip so that is a big plus. I also love the location and being able to see the fireworks from Epcot.

I also have to throw in Boardwalk yes it is right across from the Beach Club but I had such a great time at night just waling and enjoying the magic show and other shows...... i also enjoyed the pizza from the take out window....

:cop: :tigger:

darko aggie
05-10-2008, 08:30 PM
Our family favorite is Wilderness Lodge but, this year we're staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I'm excited to try something different.:D

brertosh
05-11-2008, 05:11 AM
Never been to the World but after days and days of researching we finally decided on Wilderness Lodge. So that is our family favorite(for now)!

Disney Diva 71
05-11-2008, 08:08 PM
Our most frequented resort is the Wilderness Lodge.:thumbsup: There is something about walking through those double doors and catching the woft of whatever is cooking from the Whispering Canyon Cafe and the height of the grand lobby with it's incredible music playing in the background. It's close to the MK, which is our fav. park.:mickey:
A close second would be the poly, but the WL will always hold that special place.

Mousemates
05-11-2008, 11:26 PM
If you can afford it, the convenience and view froma tower room at CR is hard to beat (the monorail is great and the ability to "walk home" from the magic kingdom is really cool). However, this is something we can't afford everytrip down so with price in mind we love the AKL. the theming is wonderful and the ability to look out of your room into the eyes of a giraffe is a truly rare treat...and the zebra domes at boma's aren't bad either.

Queen Stephanie
05-12-2008, 11:30 AM
I love this topic! My family and I have stayed at many WDW resorts, and we have visited them all, but to answer your question...our fav
resort thus far is OKW. We bought DVC there and staying there has made our vacations truly more magical. Staying in a 2br villa with kitchen and 2 large baths with living area are just the best. :thumbsup:

However, if we chose a hotel resort, it would definately be POLY! Even if we stay at OKW, we spend a great amount of time at POLY and O'Hana! :lei: Well that's all folks ;) Queen

EmmMOM2
05-12-2008, 01:39 PM
So far it's AKL hands down!! :thumbsup:

MickeyMousse
05-12-2008, 02:01 PM
MickeyMouse, I see you choose YC. I, also, see you stayed at AKL. So, obviously, you liked YC over AKL. Could you say why? I have never been to YC, but have been to BC. Thanks.

We felt so "isolated" at AKL. While you can walk to Epcot/MGM from YC, there was nothing within walking distance at AKL. You had to rely on the bus system to get anywhere. Plus, I felt that the room size was much smaller at AKL vs YC. But it could have been because I was 7 mths pregnant and EVERYTHING felt small! ;)

elmjimmlm
05-12-2008, 02:36 PM
We love POR...We are a family of 5 and this is the best value for us...I dont see spending twice as much for a deluxe...Also we love the grounds and the quiet...I would say that even if other moderates would take 5 I would stay at POR anyway...:thumbsup: