PDA

View Full Version : Driving times to parks from Ft W

Laughin' place
05-08-2008, 01:16 AM
Hard to believe, but its been about 5 years since I last camped at Ft W. We will be staying in the cabins in 23 days, and I am (obsessively) planning our days.
Can anyone estimate the drive times in the early am (we have a rental car and plan to be the EMH rope drop most days) from Ft W to the parks ? Thanks:car:

TheMartellFamily
05-08-2008, 11:49 AM
When it comes to the MK it will be easier to take the boat from Ft. W marina rather than driving to MK parking and then taking the monorail or ferry over. The first boat does leave the marina before rope drop at MK. Hope this helps a little.

KylesMom
05-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Your farthest drive by far will be AK - I'd allow 20-25 minutes to get down there. However, both Epcot & DHS are roughly 15 minutes away. Remember that it could take another 5-10 minutes to get from the parking lot to the front turnstyles.

I agree with the Martell's - I wouldn't waste your time driving to the TTC, then traveling to MK. I'd hop the interior bus to the dock & hop aboard the boat.

NJ Camper
05-09-2008, 01:03 AM
why do you want to drive your rental car why don't you just take the buses then you don't have to worry about where you parked and trying to find the car when your done

Buttercup
05-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Yes, definitely take the boat to MK. It's about a 10 minute boat ride and you're dropped off right at the gates of Main Street. I believe boats come every 15 minutes.

AuntLaura
05-11-2008, 07:11 PM
1) MK - Don't take your car - the boat is fastest. the small boat to Contemporary starts running at 0645 - you can take to C and walk to MK - that will guarantee you to get you there early. We have taken the small boat at 0700 and arrived at MK in good time (for an 0800 start). The big boat arrives 30 minutes at FW before MK opens - when we were there in April, it went straight to MK - we have been there when it stopped at WL and we arrived at the MK dock as the park was opening.
2) For AK, we leave at 0815 - depending on whether you walk to gate or take tram. The lines will already be formed to get into the turnstiles
3) For Epcot, we leave 0815-0830 - usually we walk to the gate
4) for DHS, we leave 0815 - 0830 depends on whether you walk in or take trolley.

Good luck

AuntLaura
05-11-2008, 07:13 PM
Oops = the times may be off - if Epcot had EMH start at 0800, make that 715-730. Ditto for AK and DHS. Sorry.

Laughin' place
05-12-2008, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the input everyone. Now only 19 days away !
We will usually take the boat, as it is the most dramatic view when the boat rounds the corner and the MK appears. My wife will need a wheel chair this trip, and her stamina and pain levels are very much in doubt. Having a car means we can come and go, whereever and whenever, without a wait, a line, or being dependent on anyone else. The estimated drive times are a help -- now I can make some serious plans ! Thanks to all:thumbsup: