PDA

View Full Version : Taxi Service

Disney0311
05-07-2008, 08:37 PM
I am looking for information about taxi service from CBR to CR. Are taxis exempt from children car seats? We have a dinner reservation the first night there that requires us to take a cab as we have a short time from checkin.

TheRustyScupper
05-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Florida Law:
316.613 Child restraint requirements.--
(1)(a) Every operator of a motor vehicle as defined herein, while transporting a child in a motor vehicle operated on the roadways, streets, or highways of this state, shall, if the child is 5 years of age or younger, provide for protection of the child by properly using a crash-tested, federally approved child restraint device. For children aged through 3 years, such restraint device must be a separate carrier or a vehicle manufacturer's integrated child seat. For children aged 4 through 5 years, a separate carrier, an integrated child seat, or a seat belt may be used.

In other words, car seats must be used in taxis. Buses and trains are excepted, but not cabs.

disney100%
05-08-2008, 10:16 AM
When I called CBR directly about this, I was told that the cabs do not use car seats. We planned on trying to schedule a cab before arriving to make sure we had all the necessary car seats in place. What have other people done to get a large group (6 adults with four small children all three and under) to another resort without using Disney transportation? We will not have time (or at least I do not want to take the chance of not getting to our ADR on time) to use the Disney buses and we won't be renting a car, since this is the only ADR that getting there on time will be an issue. Thanks in advance for any advice!

CleveRocks
05-08-2008, 06:45 PM
When I called CBR directly about this, I was told that the cabs do not use car seats.
It's untrue that taxis don't use car seats. However, it will be the very rare taxi that will have 2 car seats per taxi.

If I were you, I'd call some of the taxi services in the area to inquire about a van and about having 4 car seats!

But I think what's going to happen is you'll need to reschedule the ADR, or else take a chance being late by using Disney Transport.

And needless to say, let's hope your flight arrives on-time!!!