PDA

View Full Version : Max's surprise trip -- day 4

DisneyDog
05-07-2008, 07:20 PM
This was our last full day :( Actually, by this time, I was hurting quite nicely.

DH and I were originally supposed to join the rest of the family at MK, but we had enough of it by this point. We let my folks take Max and we headed back to Epcot. We went on Mission Space one more time, checked out the new Nemo ride at the Living Seas (I thought it was cool how they got the animation to look like it was in the water. Other than that, it was so-so). (Oh, I forgot to mention that we went on Spaceship Earth the previous day. We liked the beginning, hated the ending.) We went on Mexico...another disappointment. Spaceship Earth and Mexico were our 2 most favorite rides and we felt a bit let down by the changes. Oh well, to each his own.

We finally had our lunch at Germany, and we enjoyed it thoroughly. We had fun talking to a couple from the Chicago area.

By this time, it was pretty hot and we felt like we had seen everything we really wanted to see. We went back to the hotel for a relaxing swim.

Oh, this was funny...as we got off of the boat between the Swan and the Dolphin, this gentleman asked the driver "Where is the Swan?" DH and I got away from him as quickly as possible and cracked up laughing! We couldn't help making sarcastic remarks like "Um, it's the building with the HUGE Swan on the roof!!" How could anyone miss it? You can see it from EVERYWHERE. So, that's our new line..."Where is the Swan?" :D

After a swim (we were offered frozen towels at the pool, which was a nice perk!), we changed and went to DTD. We all had dinner together at Wolfgang Puck's (DH and I stopped to pick up a Happy Meal for Max rather than chance him not eating). The folks took Max to the Lego store and he had a blast there. DH and I went to Pleasure Island to the comedy club (this gal in the audience offered up her embarrassing story of how she ran over her driving instructor during her very first driving lesson! And she was 19 years old at the time! They did a song about her that she will never forget!!). Then we went to the Adventurer's Club and sat in on a lecture in the library (ooh la la!) and a radio show broadcast.

We did some shopping at World of Disney after the clubs and then decided that we were exhausted. We caught a bus and it took almost an hour to get back to our hotel. We had 8:15 ADRs at the Poly (Ohana) in the morning, so we were exhausted...and still had to pack up our bags since were leaving the next day.

Stay tuned for our last morning....

laward32
05-07-2008, 08:45 PM
You guys really crammed alot in on your trip. Thanks for the report.:mickey:

Beach Club Babe
05-08-2008, 08:53 AM
Sounds like another magical day!

ChipnDaleGal
05-08-2008, 10:07 AM
I went to the Comedy Club for the first time on my last trip. What a hoot! Sounds like you had a great show. What a wonderful last day. Thanks for the report. :mickey:

KylesMom
05-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Oh, the dreadful last evening - not made any more fun by the hour-long commute back to the hotel. I'm sorry to see your trip coming to an end! :(

pdrlkr
05-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

HndrdPrcnt
05-09-2008, 12:31 AM
I really want to try out the Adventurer's Club. Reading so many reports that talk about how great it is. I must make that a priority on my next trip.:thumbsup:

BluewaterBrad
05-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Still sounds good, but I can tell you are getting a bit exhausted by now! I am going to your last day!:mickey:

faline
05-10-2008, 05:03 PM
It's nice you were able to get some adult time in on your trip!

tinkerbell04
05-12-2008, 11:09 AM
I am getting exhausted just reading your posts!

Bethis26fan
05-14-2008, 11:10 PM
Sounds like another great but busy day. A good way to end your last full day :)

vizsla
05-16-2008, 05:32 AM
Thanks for the report.

DizNee143
05-16-2008, 01:57 PM
sounds like another great day..
glad your son has gotten to spend so much time with hin grandparents!! and you and your hubby get alot of alone time..:mickey: