PDA

View Full Version : Max's surprise trip -- day 3

DisneyDog
05-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Somehow we managed to wake up in the morning, after all of the indulging we did the previous night. We were heading to Epcot again that morning. Like everyone else in the place, we immediately headed straight to Soarin' upon arrival. DH is a little bit afraid of heights, so he was a bit nervous. He did get into it after a while and enjoyed the ride. Poor Max, though...he kept asking if we were really flying! (it's that realistic!!). After the ride, he started to cry, he was so scared from it (he was really afraid that his shoes were going to fall off). After we calmed him down, my folks decided to take him to see some things that were more his speed. They spent a great deal of time at Innovations, which he loved. I'm glad that they took him there, because DH and never set foot in there -- too many other things to see. Once again, we found ourselves on our own. We finally got to go on Mission Space (GREEN version!!). We really liked it. I don't know if we would ever go on the regular version, but the tame version was just our speed. It was fun and very cool.

Oh, on the way to Mission Space, we stopped to watch the Jammitors. One of the guys (Danny) is a friend of ours, and we hadn't seen him in 4 years, since we moved back to PA. He was really surprised to see us. Last time we saw the Jammitors, Danny was the silent guy and Paul was the one out in front. Now Danny does the rap twice a week. He's a very serious guy, so it was especially funny to see him haming it up. (We did see Paul the next day, so we know he's still there as well.)

After Mission Space, we had lunch. We had ADR's at Germany, but decided at the last minute to switch it to Japan (the beauty of cell phones!!). We had an excellent lunch. I had the scallops and DH had the shrimp, and we ended up sharing the two between us. After lunch, we grabbed yet another Mickey bar and met up with the rest of the family. We were heading to the monorail!

We took the monorail to MK where it was quite crowded, but still, the wait times weren't too bad. We first went on Jungle Cruise, and I think we waited maybe 25 minutes. The line moved very quickly, which I thought was unusual. The skipper was very funny and extremely corny, and quite quick with the jokes. We definitely got a good one (in fact, Max was talking about him yesterday, and how funny he was). The skipper really got this woman with a Winnie the Pooh t-shirt. He told her she had pooh on her shirt. She looked mortified and couldn't figure it out. So, he told her again. Finally, she figured it out after the third time!

We then headed over to Pirates. I had prepared Max for the drop over the falls (since it scares me!). He didn't seem to mind at all. He loved the ride tremendously. It was the first time we'd been on it since they added Jack Sparrow, and it was fun to find him in the different scenes. After the ride, we bought him a few mementos from the store, and got to meet Peter Pan and Wendy.

We headed to Fantasyland where we saw Philharmagic (no wait!), rode on It's a Small World (20 minutes) and Snow White (10 minutes). My folks took a little walk without us, and we took Max on HM for the 3rd time that trip (no wait!). Then we met up at Crystal Palace for our ADR.

I had never eaten at Crystal Palace, and I was impressed. There was a large selection of foods and desserts. The service was a little chaotic, but it was busy. We got to see Pooh, Piglet and Tigger.

After dinner, my folks went their own way and we headed to Tommorowland with Max. We saw Carousel of Progress (Max was unimpressed) and Buzz Lightyear (he loved that!). We did one of those photographs were they super-impose your head on a character. We chose a Star Wars photograph. Max made the cutest Luke Skywalker. My DH was Annakin (sp?) and it's really funny to see him with that hairdo (he shaves his head). I was impressed at how good he looked!

After that, we headed back to the hotel, as we just could not handle another excessively late night. It was a long and great day, though!

Stay tuned for day 4!

laward32
05-07-2008, 08:42 PM
Sounds like a fun day. Thanks for the report. By the way where did you get the picture made?:mickey:

Beach Club Babe
05-08-2008, 08:50 AM
Sounds like another spectacular day!

DisneyDog
05-08-2008, 09:24 AM
We had the photo made in a store in Tomorrowland. It was near Buzz Lightyear. We went in so many little stores back there that I don't remember exactly which one. I think it was just past Buzz's ride.

ChipnDaleGal
05-08-2008, 10:01 AM
Too bad that Soarin scared Max, but he sure seemed to enjoy the rest of the rides he went on this day. It all sounded great, fun rides, good food and family. Can't beat that. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

KylesMom
05-08-2008, 01:35 PM
After that, we headed back to the hotel, as we just could not handle another excessively late night. It was a long and great day, though!
It sure was a great day! It sounds like you're ready for a good nights' sleep - tomorrow you'll thank yourself! Looking forward to more . . . :mickey:

pdrlkr
05-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

HndrdPrcnt
05-09-2008, 12:27 AM
Another spectacular day!! I love the restaurant in Japan as well. However, I think I would have stayed with the original plans of Germany as this is one of my favorites!!:thumbsup:

Good to see that the parents also got some "alone time"!!

BluewaterBrad
05-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Great day 3!! I am headed to day 4!:mickey:

faline
05-10-2008, 05:00 PM
Two parks in one day and you still managed to get back to your resort early! You certainly covered lots of ground!

tinkerbell04
05-12-2008, 11:07 AM
Antoher fabulous day. I am glad that your parents got a little alone time too!:mickey:

Bethis26fan
05-14-2008, 11:08 PM
Sounds like another great day.

vizsla
05-16-2008, 05:30 AM
Another great day. Thanks for the report.

DizNee143
05-16-2008, 01:22 PM
sounds like a great day at epcot and MK!! thanx for sharing..:mickey: