PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Weekends

Tinkermom07
05-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Ok, so I've read that people actually start lining up at 5am and such for autographs....I don't want any, I wasn't planning on going for Star Wars, it just happened when they added dates. The only thing I would like is a pic with Jedi Mickey, but I don't want it that badly. My question is...does SSW make the park unbearably crowded, or are the crowds for Star Wars mostly in lines all day for characters, with normal crowds in the rest of the park? I had planned June 29 as a day at DHS, with an ADR at Sci Fi for lunch, but after reading a newsletter about SWW, I'm thinking of rearranging things. Any help on this would be appreciated, it makes me nervous to think about trying to change my ADR, we really want to go to Sci Fi. Thanks!

Jeff
05-07-2008, 06:54 PM
I didn't think the park was too crowded. The lines for the Star Wars things were long early in the day but much more manageble by the end of the day. We walked right in and got our picture with Jedi Mickey at around 5:00 pm. We did wait about 1/2 an hour for Darth Vadar in the early afternoon.

The autograph lines were long but they also had a fastpass system for them.

It was a great day and a highlight of our many WDW trips. Don't miss it.

faline
05-08-2008, 11:59 AM
We found the park to be quite busy, in general. We left not long after the parade due to the long lines at the attractions we wanted to see.

KylesMom
05-08-2008, 03:18 PM
We've attended many Star Wars weekends, and I will say this - DHS will definitely be crowded with Star Wars fans!

It has been our experience that the fans do not just stick with the Star Wars events - RnRC, ToT, Toy Story Mania and other non-SW attractions will be very busy as well. Unlike Jeff, we found the best time to do the meet-and-greet with Jedi Mickey was early in the morning. I think we stood in line for well over an hour awaiting Darth Vader, and that was the "short line"! Yep, this from a family who won't spend much over 20 minutes waiting for an attraction line! :D

Star Wars Weekends is truly a blast - I wish we were going to be visiting during this time! However, be aware that it is a large-draw event. We have noted that there are many less non-Star Wars characters around the park at this time, too.

One last thing - we usually have a lunch ressie at Sci-Fi during SWW - it's a wonderful place to cool down. We've seen dozens of walk-up guests turned away. If you're contemplating cancelling your ressie, be certain before you actually make the call. :mickey:

Mackflava99
05-08-2008, 03:27 PM
its totally not that bad-
i went at 8am last year and there were no bad lines till about 10-
the only lines that were bad were for the pins

Middle of the day is slightly bad, end of the day is totally better

joanna71985
05-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Ok, so I've read that people actually start lining up at 5am and such for autographs....I don't want any, I wasn't planning on going for Star Wars, it just happened when they added dates. The only thing I would like is a pic with Jedi Mickey, but I don't want it that badly. My question is...does SSW make the park unbearably crowded, or are the crowds for Star Wars mostly in lines all day for characters, with normal crowds in the rest of the park? I had planned June 29 as a day at DHS, with an ADR at Sci Fi for lunch, but after reading a newsletter about SWW, I'm thinking of rearranging things. Any help on this would be appreciated, it makes me nervous to think about trying to change my ADR, we really want to go to Sci Fi. Thanks!

People start lining up that early for the celebrities, not for the SW characters (like Mickey, Darth Vader, ect). He is out meeting most of the day.

donnah77
05-10-2008, 02:17 PM
We went on a SWW inadvertently a few years back, and it was fun and not that crowded. That corner of DHS from Drew Carey around to Star Tours was packed, but there were ways around it.

We got a kick out of the Storm Troopers along the rooflines on Hollywood Blvd and the music. We even saw Warwick Davis waiting in line for Toy Story autographs with his kids after his appearance. Pretty cool.

Donna

Tinkermom07
05-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Thanks so much everyone--I have decided to keep my day as planned, and absolutely keep my ressies at Sci-Fi. We may not do the SW character stuff, but I would like to see the parade. I planned on staying to see Fantasmic, so maybe later in the day when things calm down we can check out the characters if they are still out. Man, I can't wait...it's been 13 months in the planning, and we've only got 45 days to go!